Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting one of those NIFTY colorful (red w/gold caps) pressure plates for my 916. Do I need any special tools? Whats the install like?

·
Registered
184 Posts
All you need is a torque wrench cause everything needs to be torqued down to spec. and make sure you take the bolts out in a staggered pattern

·
Super Moderator
8,245 Posts
You don´t need any special tools.. Other the a locking ring remover. But a good pair of narrow pliers can do the job. It´s a 15 minute DIY

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's SUPER easy. And I don't even recall needing a locking ring remover, but ??? Just dive in on this project.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I will show a pic when I am done.

·
Administrator
6,222 Posts
Me too!

I am getting ready to do this myself.
A member here (scottrwilliams) sold me his gold pressure plate, I have the stainless springs, red billet keepers, and on and on....

Glad it will be easy!

·
Registered
125 Posts
nathanTX said:
It's SUPER easy. And I don't even recall needing a locking ring remover, but ??? Just dive in on this project.
And you don't even need a torque wrench... The six allens holding the pressure plate are just snugged once they bottom and not even really tightened...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts