Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the clutch plates are starting to go from using the clutch like a slipper to slide the back wheel on the way to work.

last time i pulled it out the clutch plates were pretty worn, the metal ones looked ok, they are pretty thin but how would i tell they are worn?

anyway, what it the best replacement plates to get, saw a clutch plate only kit somewhere in the states maybe desmoworks.

what is a good price to pay for a set?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The proper way to see if your clutch is worn out is to measure the overall stack height of the clutch pack, (remove all the plates & measure them with some calipers) it should be NO LESS than 46.1mm. If you want to measure just the friction plate, it should be NO LESS than 2.6mm.

In the U.S.A. I can get complete clutch kit from Barnett for about $180.00 dls. hope this help. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
513 Posts
So the clutch plates are starting to go from using the clutch like a slipper to slide the back wheel on the way to work.

last time i pulled it out the clutch plates were pretty worn, the metal ones looked ok, they are pretty thin but how would i tell they are worn?

anyway, what it the best replacement plates to get, saw a clutch plate only kit somewhere in the states maybe desmoworks.

what is a good price to pay for a set?

How many klms on the bike Pedro?
I may invest in a set while the dollar is high

·
Registered
346 Posts
Anyone here tried one of these Dr. Desmo's Super Quiet Clutch kits? Not that
I want it quiet necessarily :rolleyes: but the quality and the light weight seem
like cool benefits.

http://www.drdesmo.com/quietclutch.htm

Quote:
THE MANY ADVANTAGES include:

1) REALLY QUIET when clutch lever is released (utilizing OEM cover)
2) MINIMIZES WEAR on outer clutch basket, inner hub, and clutch plate tangs
3) SMOOTHER takeoff, shifting, and slow-speed running
4) DRIVE plates are aluminum with carbon-fiber/ferrous lining (OEM plates are heavy steel w/asbestos lining)
5) DRIVEN plates are steel with ground-flat surfaces (OEM plates are only stamped, and NOT ground)
6) EASY 15 minute installation using 4 & 5mm allen wrenches (pictoral guide included)

QUIET CLUTCH KIT = $275.00 usd (approx. 1.5 pounds lighter!)
End quote/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts