Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there
I think I need a new clutch, I hear a light scrapping noise when I decelerate and what I can get is this CLUTCH PLATE KIT DUCATI parts # 1131-0768 Has anyone put this clutch into a 2001 750SS i.e ? They tell me that this clutch is for a 2002 but the 750SS i.e was discontinued in 2001.

regards
Arnego2

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
I would pull the cover and check that the clutch hub nut is not backing off, also inspect the clutch and components before purchasing any parts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checking

Hi va duc,
yeah could do that but anyway by living in a country where spare parts are hard to come by I'll need one sooner or later anyway. The clutch itself works nicely it is only lately that this scrapping noise came to my ears. Like Sandpaper scrapping over metal.

I first took it for brake pads down, but nope they where still ok. I changed them anyway as I prefer HH pads and the bike stood around for at least 5 years, 500 miles in 5 years so better exchange the parts which waste away and deteriorate by standing. Tires, Brakes, Clutch comes to mind. Those brake pads saved my life already :p

best regards
Arnego2

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Getting parts for a duc is hard no matter were you are!:eek:
I would suspect that if the clutch hub is coming loose it could make that noise against the inside cover. Being a wet clutch there is a interior cover that encapsulates the clutch hub. I know that if a dry clutch hub starts to back off it wears on the cover. To my knowledge pretty much most of the 750 wet clutch bikes use the same clutch. I am not able to cross reference that part #.
I agree with you on replacing the older parts like tires. I would also change the brake and clutch fluids!
Good luck, let us know what you find.

Hi va duc,
yeah could do that but anyway by living in a country where spare parts are hard to come by I'll need one sooner or later anyway. The clutch itself works nicely it is only lately that this scrapping noise came to my ears. Like Sandpaper scrapping over metal.

I first took it for brake pads down, but nope they where still ok. I changed them anyway as I prefer HH pads and the bike stood around for at least 5 years, 500 miles in 5 years so better exchange the parts which waste away and deteriorate by standing. Tires, Brakes, Clutch comes to mind. Those brake pads saved my life already :p

best regards
Arnego2

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Overly long chain

Hello va duc
The noise was the overly stretched chain which made contact at down shifting. My oversight and I apologize for not checking that first. The clutch is ordered and will get here in July. So I hope.

Hhaving spare parts before they break seems to be important not only in regards to Ducati.

Best regards
Arnego2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts