Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm wondering if anyone can help.
I overhauled my clutch last November - new basket (steel OEM VeeTwo), and new friction plates. Everything was set up correctly (plain plates checked, stack height etc), but apart from running up the engine to see that everything was ok, I haven't used the bike since, although I did notice at the time that it was difficult to find neutral. I put this down to parts being new.
I rolled the bike out this morning, and have found that the plates are stuck together - won't disengage at all - something that never happened with the old (original) parts, so I'm wondering if the new plates are correct.
They came with some other miscellaneous parts I picked up, so I'm not altogether sure if they're Ducati even. They are aluminium, 2.8mm thick, but the tangs are 3mm thick, and the friction inserts are in small segments - couple of pics to help.
Could anyone suggest what they might be from? - Ducati wet clutch? Suzuki even?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
When you say stuck together do you mean when you take it apart you
have to pry the friction plates of the steels? I had this problem with a
brand new set of EVR organic plates it was a clutch heat issue after
going back and forth with the vendor and EVR on the issue and
sanding the plates 5 or 6 times the only fix for me was replacing
them with sintered plates. The vendor tried to get EVR to step up
and replace the pack but all they would say was they never had
this problem before even though I sent them a thread here with
the same exact issue I was having. In the end I paid for the new
plates but the vendor gave me a good discount on the 2nd set a
new organic set may have worked but I didnt want to risk it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't actually stripped it out yet, but as it won't disengage at all, friction plates must be stuck to steels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
If thats the case the few of us that have had the problem tried
sanding the plates adjusting stack height, bleeding the slave,
replacing the slave and the only cure for 2 of us was a new
set of plates. A few others never posted what finally worked
for them. It is a pretty rare problem I think I just got a bad set
of plates the 1st time as many people with the same bike and
clutch have had zero problems. Best answer I got was that the
organic material on my plates was too soft and that was causing
them to heat up too much, and the pack glued it self together as
it cooled down after a ride.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top