Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please excuse me if this is dumb question but I have been searching previous posts for an answer.

This is regarding a 2001 996 BiPosto.

I purchased a clutch pin with a new clutch pack because I did not see one in my clutch. Now, I can't figure out where it goes.

It is number 34 in the 2000 996 mono posto parts guide on page 14.

It seems to never be mentioned in the Ducati Shop Manual or the Haynes manual.

Thank you for enlightening me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to guess that little, 1/4 inch, hollow pin serves a purpose only engineers know.

It should be common knowledge here but apparently no one reinstalls it. No one mentions it in the install directions.

The parts picture makes it look like it goes between the clutch pack and the pressure plate.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
If its what I'm thinking of, then it is a spacer that goes on the left side, inside the slave cylinder. My understanding is that some years and slave combinations have a different length clutch rod. I think I needed it (and it was supplied) with my STM slave.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Nine16 but it is on the clutch side and looks to fit into the basket somehow. It looks like it would slip into a slot to keep things lined up.

Tomorrow I'm running up north to get my fuel injection tuned and will ask the mechanic.

I hope you went out for a ride this morning. Rain is suppose to be threatening this afternoon.

Cheers!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was up at my mechanic yesterday getting the FI tuned and found out the parts diagram is misleading. The pin is nowhere near the plates or the pressure plate.

The pin is a locating pin farther in on the clutch mechanism by the hub used as a locating pin.

The cafe riders won't care but for any DIY's you may stumble across this as I did.

Hope you're riding.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts