Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was not a of the OEM clutch, so I installed new adjustable levers today. Now it doesn't seem the clutch is fully engaged when I pull it. When I try to roll it back and forth in first gear with the clutch in, there is a good amount of resistance. I switched back to the OEM levers and it does the same thing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pics for reference

Bike is a s2r 800 btw

Attachments

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
A clutch is engaged when the lever is out. A clutch is disengaged when you pull the lever in. Bleed the clutch and try again. Check for moisture or peeling paint around the slave cylinder. That would be a sign that it’s leaking and may not lift the pressure plate far enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll definitely try it when I get back from work. I've changed levers on a few bikes and never had this problem. But again, none of them had a wet clutch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A clutch is engaged when the lever is out. A clutch is disengaged when you pull the lever in. Bleed the clutch and try again. Check for moisture or peeling paint around the slave cylinder. That would be a sign that it’s leaking and may not lift the pressure plate far enough.
I don't believe (hoping) this is the issue. I was able to ride the bike fine before I changed the lever and roll it into my garage with the cluch disengage with no resistance (used the wrong term before, haha :laugh:).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts