Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch master cylinder on a 2001 996 wont draw from the reservoir. I tried a vacuum line and it wont draw any air through in either direction regardless of piston position. Is there a way to remove the nipple for the reservoir? It seems like there's a blockage in there somewhere. Anybody know anything about these?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Bleed the clutch master first. No, first, remove the clutch slave and make sure it hasn't failed. If there isn't brake fluid everywhere, then bolt it back up and try my first first suggestion first.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
sounds like the compensating port is blocked. have you replace levers with one that has removed all the freeplay at the lever?

you can remove the nipple with some pincers, that's how i do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that's what I was thinking too. Does anyone have a diagram of the pump that would show an exploded view? Also looking for a rebuild kit (new seals) since I'm taking it all apart. There is a lot of junk in the reservoir. I think it's a 12mm one I need but not sure exactly. On the ports there are 3. I can see two are open but the third seems blocked. If I put a vacuum on the line I should be able to pull air/fluid from the reservoir correct?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My clutch master cylinder on a 2001 996 wont draw from the reservoir. I tried a vacuum line and it wont draw any air through in either direction regardless of piston position. Is there a way to remove the nipple for the reservoir? It seems like there's a blockage in there somewhere. Anybody know anything about these?
has the line been primed, pumping lever? when refilling clutch lines , the bike has to be tilted right over to the right while pumping, sometimes as air is trapped giving u nothing, never heard of blocking before ( :

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I completely disassembled the master cylinder and it was full of junk. All the ports were clogged completely. After cleaning and reassembly it works like new. Thanks for the help and insight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts