Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm using a 14mm radial clutch master from Frando on my 900ss ie build.

As it is 14x18, and the stock clutch master was 12x20 (I think, according to the chart floating around the interwebs), can I get away with an OEM Ducati slave cylinder (25mm) or should I go with an aftermarket one to get a better pull? Obviously I don't want an "armstrong" system, but nor do I want clutch drag either.

I did not take fluid dynamics in high school..!

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Hey all, I'm using a 14mm radial clutch master from Frando on my 900ss ie build.

As it is 14x18, and the stock clutch master was 12x20 (I think, according to the chart floating around the interwebs), can I get away with an OEM Ducati slave cylinder (25mm) or should I go with an aftermarket one to get a better pull? Obviously I don't want an "armstrong" system, but nor do I want clutch drag either.

I did not take fluid dynamics in high school..!
That looks like it says 16x18, not 14x18. 16mm piston with an 18mm pivot offset is OEM for most modern Ducatis and is the go-to aftermarket Brembo RCS clutch master replacement. Check out this chart from elsewhere on this forum for how it all translates.

If you're interested in learning more, searching for "motorcycle master hydraulic ratio" should get you some answers on what it all means. It's really simple math once you understand what's going on.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like it says 16x18, not 14x18. 16mm piston with an 18mm pivot offset is OEM for most modern Ducatis and is the go-to aftermarket Brembo RCS clutch master replacement. Check out this chart from elsewhere on this forum for how it all translates.

If you're interested in learning more, searching for "motorcycle master hydraulic ratio" should get you some answers on what it all means. It's really simple math once you understand what's going on.
It actually says 9/16 x 18 -- for some reason Frando has always listed the bore size in fractional inches. 9/16" is equivalent to 14mm.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect! Found an oberon clutch slave for a good deal @ 29mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts