Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy question: I have a 2001 748 and am wanting to replace the clutch lever. After removing the lock nut and screw and pulling off the lever, the barrel clip has a small somewhat conical shaped part that fits into the control tubing. The conical part (which needs to be removed) is threaded but will not un-screw!
I'm afraid that I will strip the screw. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
That little sucker is the topic of lots of threads. It's called an actuating pin and is loctite and mystery glued in (at least mine was). DO NOT try to unscrew it. There is a tiny (1.5mm I think) allenhead screw holding in place from underneath. That needs to be loosened/removed first. You may need a little heat to get it to budge but seat your allen wrench well so you don't strip it. Lots of patience and it should work out. Measure how far in the actuating pin was threaded in so you start out with the same clearance. Also, good luck getting the rubber boot back around the actuating pin. Also lots of threads here on that topic. Lubricant and patience help again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, sure enough, there it is! And damned hard to get out. Guess I'll try some heat unless you know a solvent for Loctite, etc? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts