Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, was hoping if anyone could assist me with a stuck (rock solid) clutch lever I am having with my '09 SC.
Have searched and couldn't find a solution this particular problem.

Just replaced worn clutch plates and basket off of an OEM Ducati performance slipper clutch with 48T EVR plates and basket (36.5mm stack height designed for OEM Ducati slipper clutches). My old plates were quite worn and measured 36.0mm stack height in most spots. The basket teeth also had some bad indentations from the teeth of the old plates.

Clutch lever was pulling fine prior to install of EVR clutch plates and basket, however its been about 3 weeks since I've rode the SC. The clutch itself was just slipping and needed replacement of the plates and basket. Install went smooth: I removed push rod from the clutch slave side, removed the pressure plate (red OEM Ducati performance plate) / plates / hub nut / spider spring (was broken as well) / slipper clutch hub / basket, installed new basket, placed back the slipper clutch hub, new spider spring, torqued in hub nut, installed new plates, and installed new pressure plate (Speedymoto kukri pro -- transferred over rod bearing), torqued in pressure plate bolts. I then re-installed the push rod from slave cylinder side and re-mounted on the slave cylinder (Oberon aftermarket clutch slave). The clutch lever is stiff as a rock, I tried bleeding from the slave and the master, and the lever is still stuck. I then un-mounted the Oberon slave cylinder from the bike and the lever was still stuck! If I loosen the banjo bleeding bolt (with a mytivac hooked up to the nipple) I can then depress the lever, but once the banjo bolt is closed and I re-fill with fluid, the lever gets stuck again.

So since the lever is stuck even if the slave cylinder is dismounted from the bike, I am lost, as I assume it's not due to the push rod nor the new clutch plates and basket. Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remember that fiddling you did with the adjustment screw at the master cylinder?
Yeh?
Well reverse what you did and never fiddle with it ever again.
Loosening the banjo bleeder at the master ? I’ve bled fluid at the master before without issue, and the clutch lever was stiff even prior to bleeding at the master. Am I missing something? Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read Clutch lever free play
Clutch lever free play was not adjusted, only the banjo bolt to bleed fluid from the master cylinder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone, I totally goofed hard and the reason why my clutch lever is stuck is because the new pressure plate (Speedymoto) is only meant for stock dry clutches, and not slipper clutches. There are different types of pressure plates, those for stock dry (has teeth on the back of the pressure plate to engage the clutch hub) and those for slipper dry clutches (no teeth on the back of pressure plate).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts