Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my chain off a few weeks ago and removed my clutch slave to get that fraction of an inch of extra clearance. Got everything put together and noticed a lot of play on the first part of my clutch lever travel that wasn't there before. I don't really see how I could have messed something up just by popping The clutch slave off and bolting it back on again but obviously I disturbed something.

I bled the line last week hoping it was just some air that got dislodged moving the slave around but it didn't seem to help that much. It may be a little better, but nowhere near as firm the whole travel distance as it was before I unbolted the slave from the rod.

Any ideas what I may have messed up?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Did you lose the spacer some models require with an aftermarket slave ? That would be my first guess. I once swapped out the bolts for stainless and the new ones were a fraction too long, causing the bolts to bottom out and allow the slave to move outward rather than pushing on the rod.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to be giving it a bath this weekend, I'll check out your suggestion!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts