Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Im not certain but.... I dont think you problem is the clutch. If it were the clutch the motor would rev but the bike wouldnt go. you said your bike has a motor bogging issues. My guess is that it is an electrical issue that is not allowing your bike to fire properly. It just a guess though It could be alot of other thing like fuel problems or even timing issues
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Unless its been abused you should get more than 5400 miles out of the clutch. Mine just went out on my 996 at 15500.
If the clutch wasnt disengaging it would pull at a stop. I.E. If your sitting a stoplight in 1st gear with the clutch lever pulled in...... the bike would pull.
If the clutch was not fully engaging with the lever out the motor would spin up but the bike wouldnt go. I.E. You leave a stoplight in 1st gear... If the clutch didnt fully disengage the motor would rev up but the power wouldnt be transferred to the rear transmission. This is clutch slip it would be like riding around with you clutch lever pulled 1/2 way in.

This doesnt sound anything like the problem you described originally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts