Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...again...TIA for any help here. I am new to the Watercooled Multi and have noticed some things with the new to me bike.

The rear wheel spins...and I mean with power spins...with the clutch in and 1st gear...I only tried 2nd too and the same thing.

Bled the clutch...no air at all.

I put a set of aftermarket levers on it...but I really didn't check before the swap and I am too lazy to swap back to the OEM levers if I don't have to .

2014 S GT bike.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
ok, you made me go look at mine. The rear wheel on my '12 spins about 1/4 turn, then stops. Same when shifting up to 2nd.

It seems like I have had other bikes that would do that though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My experience is if the lever adjuster is set on the low setting, this will restrict master cylinder piston movement resulting in the clutch not dis-engaging fully. It should also be hard to find neutral. Adjust the lever out (away from the bar with the lever adjuster) and try that.

Uli-

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
If it shifts ok and finds neutral when you are stopped, forget about it.

It slowly overcomes inertia to build momentum and then if you try to absorb it instantly, it will be hard to overcome the kinetic energy of the wheel. You should be able to stop it from starting, I would think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts