Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i went out for a short ride... it was meant to be longer but my clutch developed something 20mins into the ride. i can only explain it as feeling like the plunger isn't moving in/out smoothly (squeeky almost). the first thing that came to mind was I need to put some grease on the pivot bolt but then it became worst and next thing i knew I'm not feeling any power into the rear wheel even when I'm giving it gas. The wet clutch is not engaging. I stopped the bike and opened the reservoir's lid to see if I have fluid in there (there is plenty).... covered it up and for some weird reason that did it and i was able to head back home with what seems to me a normal-feeling clutch. what just happened? any idea? should i be sending this out to my dealer for a check-up? anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one had this happen to them?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes... actually i do but i've had my levers on for over 7 months now. is there an issue with that?

·
Registered
58 Posts
same thing happened with my asv levers, you need to swap out the pushrod because they are too tight with the stock push rod which doesnt allow for the piston to relax enough to let the fluid back into the master cylinder

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ducky what do you mean by swap out? I need to purchase a new one or a different pushrod altogether? Can that be resolved by adjusting the engagement point.

·
Registered
58 Posts
well my asv levers came with a small piece that fits in the clutch master cylinder that you need to change out, the lever needs to have a little bit of play and the adjustment on the lever is independent from the engagement point of the master cylinder

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ducky.... i'll check to make sure i've got some play.

·
Registered
104 Posts
this happens on my bike if I let it sit on the top of the parking garage at work in the summer. It must heat up the fluid enough to expand alittle bit and cause the clutch to not fully disengage completely, so I just back out the adjustment tab on the lever a bit and it works fine.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my set up has the adjustment almost fully backed-up. is that plunger removable for trimming as in pull it out and grind it shorter?

·
Registered
104 Posts
my set up has the adjustment almost fully backed-up. is that plunger removable for trimming as in pull it out and grind it shorter?
how full is your clutch resevoir? The first time I had this happen I took off my cover and I do not know how they managed to get that much fluid in there it just poured out. I think the original dealer put in too much fluid, because it hasn't happened since razee's did work on the bike and replaced the fluid as part of the 15k service

·
Registered
58 Posts
well you could grind it shorter, it looks like a small pill, so you would need to round off the side you ground down, i would go little by little

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just wondering if it's removable so it's easier to grind.

yeah the reservoir is a little full but it already spilled some out when i opened it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts