Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Rizoma reservoirs and the CRG levers today, but I have a problem that I can seem to solve. When I start the bike in neutral all is fine, but when I shift into first the bike stalls out. I assumed that the lines had air, so the clutch wasn't disengaging all the way, but I bled the top reservoir three times and the bottom twice just to make sure that there weren't any air bubbles...the lines are completely clear. so I have now ruled that out. Since the CRG levers are a slightly different configuration, I tried adjusting the clutch piston out two mores turns so that it extended further...that didn't disengage the clutch to the point that it wouldnt stall out either, so I put it back at the original level. I suspected that the small switch which prevents from starting in gear might not be working properly, but I make sure that it was fully enagaged when I pulled in the clutch but the bike still stalls when put in gear. So am at a loss...any thoughts, insights? I am pretty disappointed the bike looks great but I cant ride it now. Thx.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The side stand is not still down? when you are trying it
by any chance nice easy fix if it is.

brian.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
The side stand is not still down? when you are trying it
by any chance nice easy fix if it is.

brian.
had that little safety feature bite me when i had my hypertard up on the rear stand with the kickstand down ... doh!!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I to was fooled by the old kickstand down, no can-shifty-into-gear! First Duc fooled, never to be fooled again. Get on it, KS up and try..
:mad:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...well an easy fix it was! beers on me if you make it to Ventura CA anytime soon:) Can't believe that I was fooled by that one, never had a bike before with that safety feature. Thx for keeping my sanity in check. I love my bike again!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
...well an easy fix it was! beers on me if you make it to Ventura CA anytime soon:) Can't believe that I was fooled by that one, never had a bike before with that safety feature. Thx for keeping my sanity in check. I love my bike again!
That's the first thing I thought of but didn't want to say anything, thought I'd get flamed:D:D

·
Premium Member
12,356 Posts
All you gotta do is ask:D Kinda want to make you delete the thread don't it...We won't tell

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't think English ones do that....but then I've never tried to put it in gear with the stand down...easily done...I spent a long minute wondering why it wouldn't start the other day my winter gloves having knocked back the kill switch..

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have done the shift into first engine stall at the gas station a few times, I guess I should stop taking on the role of vapor recovery.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a serious note, I bled the line even though I didn't think that any air had a way into it...but there were several large air bubbles in both the top and bottom bleeders. Could it have left the factory like that? I will ride the bike later today, so I am waiting to see what the clutch feel is like now with completely clean lines.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Clutch feel should certainly be less spongey with all the air out of the system.
However, sometimes the bubbles are just the air in the bleeder fitting.

On the subject of the kickstand safety switch-- I'll never complain about 'em
again... once got pitched off a bike without one on the first left turn of the ride.
It was like a giant hand came across and swept the bike right out from under me
in an instant, with no time to react like you get when the tires break loose.
The sidestand switch is now one of my favorite parts on the motorcycle :eek: .

·
Premium Member
12,356 Posts
Generally , usually , on average , sometimes ...if it ain't broke don't fix it....

Unless you are OF THE CURIOUS SORT and just want to see how it works...

you gotta learn to trust the factory and the dealears got to earn your trust....Sometimes
I enjoy the learning experience with all its ups and downs ...usually...
Still having FUN I hope

1 - 14 of 14 Posts