Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Trying to figure out this 998 Service Manual lingo. Can you guys verify a few things for me?

Clutch Cover Screws 12Nm (self explanatory)

Flywheel 18Nm. (Is Flywheel pretty much the pressure plate? The 12Nm would be for the spring retainer screws correct?)

Clutch Drum Nut 130Nm. (That would be the clutch hub with the big bolt and washer correct?)

Clutch Housing Screw 40Nm (I think this is the clutch basket and it's 8 screw correct?)

Am I missing any other torque specs for this clutch job? Thanks for your help guys. I want to attack this soon but want to be prepared :)

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
Drum nut is the big center nut (not bolt) that holds the inner hub to the mainshaft.

Housing bolts (8) are as you suspect, hold basket to flanged shaft.

Spring retainers (6) should only be tightened to 3-5 mm, lest you break off a post.

Flywheel is on the generator side, mounted to the rotor.

pg
DD

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drum nut is the big center nut (not bolt) that holds the inner hub to the mainshaft.

Housing bolts (8) are as you suspect, hold basket to flanged shaft.

Spring retainers (6) should only be tightened to 3-5 mm, lest you break off a post.

Flywheel is on the generator side, mounted to the rotor.

pg
DD
Right. Center nut for the Hub. Didn't mean to say bolt lol

Spring retainers should just be 3-5 nm? That's about 2.2 ft lbs.

So it's just pretty much the clutch hub nut, basket bolts and spring retainers. Can you think of anything else that needs to be torqued or bolted down?

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
Nothing else comes to mind. I would recommend a tiny bit of red loctite on the hub nut, as they have been known to wiggle loose.

The spring bolts have no reason to move. Overtightening them can break off the posts, which can wreck your whole day.

pg
DD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts