Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the process of replacing the clutch and basket in my 999 and it appears whoever had it apart last sheared the roll pin for the lockwasher/nut bushing off of the drum. It has an aftermarket hub(SSR I beleive) and the pin was aluminum, so easily damaged. Is it okay to run without that pin or should I drill the hub and install a steel pin? Also the manual says to use grease on the hub nut threads but I would prefer to use loctite of some sort....opinions on that?

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
I have been forced to use the without the pin and they have been fine in the past. The pin helps hold the assembly from rotating and loosening the large nut, without one you are at greater risk of the nut coming loose. I would try and get a pin back in place if it were mine but if I were not able to I would red loctite the nut and run it. If you get any issues re-check later.

factory said grease for torque reasons and they are relying on the pin and belville washer to hold things tight. I have always used red loctite with no failures over many years of installing customers clutches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts