Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2001 900SS which had a very noisy clutch, so decided to replace plates and basket. I purchased the new basket through MPL tuning in Germany (titanium insert one!) and have fitted it to the bike, but am not sure what sequence of plate fitment or how many to use as ,i cant get it to hold without major slippage. Has anyone successfully fitted one of these baskets to a 900SS and would be willing to let me know how to make it work? I dont really want to resort to the standard as the new one is a work of art! :confused:
Thanks in advance Paul

·
Registered
709 Posts
It's not the basket, it's your clutch pack stack height. If you bought a stock clutch pack, you should be using all the plates.

I can't tell you the proper measurement [I'm at work] but someone here on the board should be able to look it up.

You might want to repost another question like "what's the proper stack ht. and plate order for a dry SS clutch"

It might catch someones eye.

It might even be in the Hall of Wisdom....you could do a search there.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
two steel plates against the motor, then alternate friction plate and steel plate, ending with steel plate

there are 7 friction plates and 9 steel plates.

At least that's on the stock set-up.

We're currently installing our motowheels slippers and the plate kit came with 8 frictions and 10 steel plates...but they don't all fit in the basket....the stock amount do though....*scratching head*

if you have a curved plate then it's different, let me know and I can post that order up too.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
JDuc said:
We're currently installing our motowheels slippers and the plate kit came with 8 frictions and 10 steel plates...but they don't all fit in the basket....the stock amount do though....*scratching head*
For the slipper, bottom-f-s-f-c-f-s-f-s-f-s-f-s-f-c-f-s-cover

f = friction
c = curved
s = steel

Stack height should be 38mm, though I use 37mm. Adjust by using thicher or thinner steel plates (there should be 2 1.5mm plates, 2 curved plates, and 6 2.0mm plates in the kit).

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts