Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my disc adventure, I discovered a bad o-ring on the pushrod. When I pulled out the push rod and this ring (seal?) was just sitting on it.

The seal is pretty useless as it is. I suspect the seal sits inside the nut (#25) or just behind it but there is no part number reference that I can find for it nor the tiny bearing nor in the Factory parts catalog/service manual nor reference for or how to remove the seal and or bearing.

I suspect the seal is probably back-up if oil get past the 2 o-rings and that the bearing just acts as a kind of support for the clutch push rod.

2008 Hypermotard 1100, Dry Clutch.

What gives? Is this drum from another bike or another error in the manual... :think:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
The seal and bearing are actually part of the transmission input shaft. If you look at the diagram, they are item 30 and 31.

Bearing is 70250441A
Seal is 93040491A

Reactions: Sideburn

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah! You da man. Thanks.
What is the best way to clean the inside? The bearing is filthy. Maybe the best option is to replace it and the seal together... which begs the question, what puller will get this out and who has done this before?

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Yeah! You da man. Thanks.
What is the best way to clean the inside? The bearing is filthy. Maybe the best option is to replace it and the seal together... which begs the question, what puller will get this out and who has done this before?
I've replaced the seal, not the bearing. I'd say some solvent, like WD40 or maybe kerosene, and a cotton swab or rag to clean the bearing. Should be able to easily clean it in place. Maybe pack it with some grease after it's clean.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe this afternoon I'l head over and pick-up a few seals. To replace the bearing, it looks like I might have to take off the clutch basket, no matter, I'll wait on that.

I was thinking maybe a rifle cleaning rod or something similar would help in the cleaning, load it in the right side (master cylinder) with some patches to block-off and prevent the solvent and crud from getting inside.

Rifle/pistol cleaning kits are great for cleaning in this type of situation... I just have to figure out what caliber the transmission input shaft is... looks to be at least a 9mm or.40.

Reactions: jahjah
1 - 5 of 5 Posts