Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello guys!!i am in the middle of an order for several goodies for my fighter!!!
i have made a decision for the sliders/plate holder/grips/clutch slave cylinder etc but i can seem to make up my mind on th levers!!!

first of all i am thinking that i shouldnt buy short levers like the asv ones cause the clutch will get too hard for every day use in traffic. (yes i ride the bike alot and i find traffic many times!)

i really like the crg folding levers that are not too long but not as short as the short levers but i have some thoughts about the aerodynamics.

the MW short folding levers have the same length as the crg, i dont like them as much but they have a hole at the tip which make the aerodynamics of the lever better...same goes for the rizoma ones...i like them more but then again...they are toooooo long! :p

help me out here what do you think? are the aerodynamics so important?
i read that extensive wind tunnel studies have shown that at speeds above 180 km per hour, the force of the air causes movement of the
lever, which puts the hydraulic circuit under pressure, limiting the bike’s performance...

here i have some pics so that you see the levers!!

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2822398/1/levers?h=ed7377

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi CTS I have the crg short lever for the clutch and break on my bike and so far they are very nice I put about 100 miles on the bike with them on and no complaints as of yet I would go with them if you like the way they look here are some pics: also I love the crg lanesplit mirrors they look good and you can see everything. (ps pics: look familiar lol):D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey emax!!i have seen your fighter, looks great btw!i hope you dont mind i used your photos!!

how about the clutch pull? is there a big difference?i like the crg folding ones better i think, hey are a bit longer and maybe more comfortable?

i read in a forum that the crg colors tend to whear out, is that true? has anyone used them more than a year to have a clear view on the issue?

i used the asv shorties on my kawasaki. great stuff, but they are too short for the fighter!i dont like the long ones so much i think!!

come on people, lets vote, which one do you like better??!! :-D

-christos

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey emax!!i have seen your fighter, looks great btw!i hope you dont mind i used your photos!!

how about the clutch pull? is there a big difference?i like the crg folding ones better i think, hey are a bit longer and maybe more comfortable?

i read in a forum that the crg colors tend to whear out, is that true? has anyone used them more than a year to have a clear view on the issue?

i used the asv shorties on my kawasaki. great stuff, but they are too short for the fighter!i dont like the long ones so much i think!!

come on people, lets vote, which one do you like better??!! :-D

-christos
Hi cts the clutch pull is not much different from stock and i like the feel of it right now as i just put them on i also like that i can adjust the lever a lot more than the stock ones. I haven't heard of the color wearing out but only time will tell.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else??dont you like any of the levers in the gallery?? :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anyone else??dont you like any of the levers in the gallery?? :)

I have the CRG clutch and brake levers - and in addition an MPL clutch slave cylinder. The difference for the clutch pull is amazing an well worth the investment. Don't forget to adjust the levers once you install them!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RB_duc: you have the shorties with the mpl clutch slave cylinder and the clutch is lighter then the factory one??
i am about to order the OBERON Clutch Slave Cylinder 29mm, any differences between the two cylinders that you know?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks larossa!!!do you have any photos to see them on the bike???great levers!
how long are they?? do you know if the the tip is available in gold?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
thanks larossa!!!do you have any photos to see them on the bike???great levers!
how long are they?? do you know if the the tip is available in gold?
I also had an MPL on my S4Rs and an Evoluzione on my 1098 Tri., the Oberon in my opinion is the lightest and waaay cheaper. Moto Wheels got them.

The levers have extendable end tips so you can have short-long lever, I'm not sure about the ends color combos but I know they come also with Ducati on the brake lever and Streetfighter on the clutch lever option, you just can't get them without writing.
Also, if you have a Q, this seller is very good, they answer right away, they're a Ducati dealer in Modena, Italy, I was very pleased with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks a lot larossa!!great feedback on the cylinder too! you have ducati written on both levers?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

it is available with no logo...i cant find the streetfighter logo though to see how it looks!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have Pazzo levers on my bike. I chose black with red adjusters, which look great on my red SFS. They are available as shorty or standard levers, with a breakaway notch. They fit easily and precisely, and are very nice to use. Highly recommended.
http://www.pazzoracing.com/

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

it is available with no logo...i cant find the streetfighter logo though to see how it looks!!
Sssit! I knew it!
The ones with the streetfighter logo I know of because I contacted the seller and asked them about the choices otherwise I havn't seen a pic.
I wish I knew about the all black ones, I would have shoosen them over mine.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found this site: http://www.extreme-components.com/
great looking site that has all the levers. i am closer to the EVO III series!I just dont know how the "streetfighter" is written and if it will be cool or too big.
probably i will get the ones with the ducati logo. the thing is, where will i buy them from!!

i found the official site: http://www.performancetechnology.it/index1.html
but i am not that sure!! :p

do you know something more?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
187 Posts
RB_duc: you have the shorties with the mpl clutch slave cylinder and the clutch is lighter then the factory one??
i am about to order the OBERON Clutch Slave Cylinder 29mm, any differences between the two cylinders that you know?
I have the long version on both clutch and brak lever - I'm not a fan of shorties...
If I recall correctly the MPL is 30mm - The OBERON is also a nice piece and will work similar. Can't go wrong replacing the original slave cylinder with an OBERON or MPL.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
i found this site: http://www.extreme-components.com/
great looking site that has all the levers. i am closer to the EVO III series!I just dont know how the "streetfighter" is written and if it will be cool or too big.
probably i will get the ones with the ducati logo. the thing is, where will i buy them from!!

i found the official site: http://www.performancetechnology.it/index1.html
but i am not that sure!! :p

do you know something more?
If you need any help contacting them or such let me know, I'm fluent and I can try if I know what you want.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how about aerodynamics???is the hole so important or rizoma just exaggerates???

1 - 20 of 57 Posts