Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from what I've been reading, the cluster stores the odometer and service reminders on all recent model ducatis.

If that's so, what stops somebody from getting an odometer on ebay with lower mileage and swapping it onto a bike prior to sale?

I'm looking at used bikes right now, and this has me worried...

Are the clusters not matched to the ecu's or bikes in any way at all?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
as you didn't specify what superbike,some models are ''mated'' to the ecu .as always ask for ''documentation'' for any ducati.i know my dealer can verify my mileage by my service and work history.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Are the clusters not matched to the ecu's or bikes in any way at all?
749/999/848/1098/1198 Yes they are, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. There are hacks floating around to remove that locking system.

This is one reason why I'd never buy a bike from a certified Ducati mechanic. Any joe blow, won't have the education or the tools to make that happen. If its got the stock ECU, 9 times out of 10, its got the stock dash, or at least a correctly programmed replacement.

Ohh and the dash does store the odometer sadly. :(

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
wtf your calling a certifed ducati mechanic untrustworthy???fwiw anybody can install a new dash with the red key. don't know whats needed with a 848-1198 but i'd be trusting a dealership serviced bike before an undocumented owners bike....

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
wtf your calling a certifed ducati mechanic untrustworthy???fwiw anybody can install a new dash with the red key. don't know whats needed with a 848-1198 but i'd be trusting a dealership serviced bike before an undocumented owners bike....
If you go to a dealer, YES you can have it swapped out. You can't just plug in a new dash, it won't magically reprogram. You still need a dealer to do the work.

I'm not calling a certified mechanic untrustworthy, I'm saying its extremely easy for a dealer to change out parts and its not for the average consumer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts