Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't try to get it in there with the spring under tension, once you get the rocker shaft fully seated then use a large flat blade screwdriver to lever the spring tail on to the perch that is cast in the head, making sure that the hook end is engaged with the rocker.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
yep the heads are off. How Can I tell where to take the clearance measurements from , when the heads are off?
I installed a couple new rockers so clearances are all out.
I'm not sure what you mean. The clearance can be measured between the rocker and top shim, or between rocker and cam lobe, no matter if the head is mounted to the cylinder or not.
Leave the springs out for measuring clearance, that way just finger pressure can push the rocker against the cam and a pull away from the cam will show the opening clearance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What I meant was . what is the location or where is the rotation of the cam lobe. There is a pretty large are of the cam where the valves are all closed. How do I know where in that area to take the measurements ?

Oh, I see what you mean. Just try to center the cam in the no-lift area(TDC), find the feeler that fits and then rotate back and forth in that no-lift area and verify that there isn't a spot on the lobe within that area that tightens up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts