Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

Anyone have a pic handy of where the center stand spring mounts up? I can't see any obvious place on my frame...its possible there was once a tab that was ground off, or broke off...curious to see before I do anything drastic and drill a hole or mount a tab.

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
This is a 160, but the 250 is set up the same way.

Right side of frame, there's a post for it to go on. Or should be anyway...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang...no post on my frame.

I guess I'll have to get a shouldered bolt and drill a hole through the frame, fix it on there with a nut, and hang the top side of the spring spring on the bolt.

Any other creative ideas?

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One other thought....there is currently a hole in the frame just above and behind the center stand pin hole, which you can see in this photo (barely).

I wonder #1 if that is high enough to keep the center stand pulled up when not engaged, and #2 it is is too far back of the pin hole and would the spring hit the reinforcing bars.

Hmmm.

Will have to try that out first before getting out the drill and screwing up my purdy red frame.

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
18 Posts
it looks like it might be high enough. there's also a rubber stop located on the underside of the frame which prevents the stand from making contact with any part of the frame.

and don't forget to size up and mount your front fender before you get any further with your front end.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No rubber stop on my frame...will be attaching something on there tho to do the trick.

Front end is done (except for the controls)! I have the fender, just need to drill some holes and get it off to the paint shop, however am waiting for my tank to arrive so I can get it all done at once.

Cheers,
AK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts