Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was thinking of getting a new set/ used sport classic clocks to fit on my GT, I like the white ones and I have a fracture in the glass

Is it easy to change the clocks, make them work ok?

·
Registered
591 Posts
It’s not as simple as that, the clocks are connected to the keys and ecu I think so all of it would need changed.

That said there have been a few threads on changing the glass, it’s a trifle tricky but not impossible and I know there’s a firm who does this here in the uk. Also have a look at the monster section here and specific monster sites as this is a common problem and I’ve seen a few video guides and tutorials on how to fix this issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did contact one company but they said they can’t do it for these clocks, maybe buy second hand clocks, and change the face and glass?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so although monster clocks look the same, they are not, different screw locations on the shell and a few other differences, so back to the drawing board

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Would not be worth it for me just to change the face; broken, not working...well not to many choices then but not a simple as it seems. My wants and needs are not your wants and needs so have at it if you feel the need.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I have now bought a second hand set of paul smart clocks and hopefully found a company in the uk that can clone my clocks, so then I can just change the pod back

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will just add that the following situation may happen. When a transparent indicator is pulled out, a thin metal pin can be unhooked. If that happens, at least I did it, I pressed that pin using a lot of force. I thought that something would break soon, luckily it succeeded.
Later, when the cable is installed, the indicator must be set appropriately by trial and error. You just have to turn the key, wait the start-up procedure, check that the indicator is in the right place, if not turn off the key, turn the indicator, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok clocks are apart, I have removed the black covers with magnets, now do the needles just pull off with a bit of force?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So is it worth running the risk of breaking the clocks just to get white faces?

Or do I just bite the built and get a new set?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I remember watching a video of someone removing the needles using a pair of almost closed scissors to lever them up, they seem to need a bit of pressure to get them off.
I've not had to do it myself so cant suggest any more practical advice

Others have done it though.
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/121337-clock-faces.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts