Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back from Ojia 33 150 ride on sunday.Last turn on hwy126 And BAM clocked buy the revenue collector at 102 mph.:D Anyways its attorney time. THe piont is the state is broke watch out on the weekends around here.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Only 102

What were you doing eating a cheese burger our what :D:D,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and then you pulled over. you must of been out of town did not know the country side our what..........................I think this beer is getting to me anyway sounds like you had fun tell the ticket.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I feel for you. Got my first ticket in 22 years for popping a nice long wheelie on my RC51 past the local Harley dealership here in Bellingham, WA. Doing something those Harley guys can only dream of doing! Worth every penny of the 200 clams to my attorney in Everett to make it "go away".

"All my bikes can wheelie in second gear, but the third gear wheelie on the 06 cbr 1000rr scares the hell out of me."

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
102 and the state is out to make money? Good lord. Yeah, the man isn't trying to save people from morons doing over a buck on public roads, they're just out to get you and your money.

·
Registered
65 Posts
f the police

speeding tickets are extortion, i hope that you fight it & i hope that you win, defending yourself in court is a game of chess, as long as you are aware of how to fight these nazis in an intelligent on point way, they are very beatable, very beatable,, good luck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, only registration citations actually benefit the chp.. but the state yes.

Don't worry, you can fight it. Make sure you write down all the details now. ALL. You won't be fighting it until 8 months out.

Things to keep in mind:

1. Fight it. You have nothing to lose. You can't do traffic school as it is.

2. Try to find out more about this officer. Does he go to court?

3. Write down ALL details now while it is fresh.

4. Get an extension for as far out as possible. Then do a TBD. Then do a trial de novo, and request an extension on it.

5. If this is not the county you live in, request to have it located at a courthouse closer to you. If you have a job you cant miss all day, even better.

What CVC?

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
speeding tickets are extortion, i hope that you fight it & i hope that you win, defending yourself in court is a game of chess, as long as you are aware of how to fight these nazis in an intelligent on point way, they are very beatable, very beatable,, good luck
Speeding tickets are what they are, and doing 102 on the streets is just stupid. Most of us do it from time to time, myself included, but to get indignant about it and calling it extortion doesn't make much sense to me. Some speeding tickets are beatable....You get clocked at 102 and you've already lost this game, it's just a matter of how badly the other team runs up the score...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Speeding tickets are what they are, and doing 102 on the streets is just stupid. Most of us do it from time to time, myself included, but to get indignant about it and calling it extortion doesn't make much sense to me. Some speeding tickets are beatable....You get clocked at 102 and you've already lost this game, it's just a matter of how badly the other team runs up the score...
No offense meant, but please...
It's so easy to hit 100+ mph with just a slight twist of the throttle in a few corners...
We have some of the most fantastic corners with incredibly sticky pavement...

If I could afford to be on the track each weekend, I would.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you are looking for sympathy, as my old boss use to say, you can find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary. You'll get none from me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
nice

that must've been one bad a$$ boss haha

·
Registered
208 Posts
that must've been one bad a$$ boss haha
in the stock market they say "If you want a friend, get a dog"

How the heck did he catch you on 33 going 100+? You should have just kept going and pretended not to see him

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry I left out some of the details.

A friend on a MV Agusta F4 and I on my hyper were coming back from the ride up the 150. (above Ojia) It was a beautiful day, excellent run and great ride. We where informed that there where LEO’S all the way down to the 126. So, coming back on the 126 we encountered 3 Harleys and a pack of cars going about 60 mph. As we started to pick our way through the pack of Harley guys they decide to speed up and start to run some kind of block with the cars. Safely we still continued to pick though the pack. Then the two of lead cars must have seen us coming and slowed down and started running side by side. Now were in the middle of an accordion of slow cars and the two Harleys from the rear trying to do the same. So the first chance we got my buddy on the MV passed out front and I followed with the two Harleys not far behind. I have to include this happened to be on a uphill off camber left hand turn. This is the only one on the 126 hwy. Not to mention it’s a 4 lane hwy in a very rural farming area not urban city streets with light traffic.
Right when we where in the turn I noticed a CHP and immediately checked my speedometer that read 82mph. Knowing the outcome I was pulled over as well as my buddy and the two other Harley’s guys. Expecting the ticket the CHP decided to write both me and my buddy up for 102 MPH and must of had some kind of Harley bonding moment and let the ill dressed riders on their marry way without a ticket. All I can say is that even thought I know I was in the wrong and deserve a ticket for my speed this CHP should have been more reasonable with us but instead showed poor judgment when he let the other guys go off with a warning and wrote us up with a false 102 MPH.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The big question is if you got the "b" ticket (over 100 mph). If so, it is a mandatory license suspension and insurance rates about equal to a DUI.

If its a "b" ticket you have to show up to court because thats where you lose your license.

About 4 years or so ago I was very stupid and got pulled for 110 on an empty mid day semi rural LA freeway. I got the "b" ticket. I ended up dropping IIRC $3,500 on an attorney Sherman Ellison.

http://www.traffic-ticket-attorney.com/index.html

I did not have to do any paperwork whatsoever or go to court or spend any time writing things up or talking to Sherman. I did not have to say anything in court. He got the ticket dismissed. Don't know how as I did not show up for court (thats what I paid Sherman for.) I think you save $1,000 if you use his sidekick, but I personally wanted the best.

Back when I used him his success rate was 97%, so I think the LEOs are getting better. Still, its a good gamble in my book.

BTW, the LEO must have been so mad over the dismissal that he turned my name into the "senile drivers" section of the DMV, and I had to go into retake the written test (they did give me the MC test), eye test, and an interview to see if I was capable of driving/riding.

FWIW, I will not go above 95mph in CA as the "b" ticket is truly wretched.

I have actually never spoken to Sherman, but I will use him for any ticket I get. Right now I have a 100% perfect/clean driving record, the best money can buy.:D

Let us know how this turns out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have talked to 99nofine and trafic ticket pros 99n0fine 600.00.Traffic ticket pro`s flat 1500.00.I`ll post results later.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Fight the system! At first I thought you were bragging now I am just annoyed if what you stated is true. Justice for all or injustice for all. Guys with do rags, tassels on their handlebars and dorky leather vests deserve a ticket just for copping that look. The cop knew a judge would never believe 102 mph for a hog unless it was down hill, a very straight down hill.

·
Premium Member
8,756 Posts
Sorry I left out some of the details.

A friend on a MV Agusta F4 and I on my hyper were coming back from the ride up the 150. (above Ojia) It was a beautiful day, excellent run and great ride. We where informed that there where LEO’S all the way down to the 126. So, coming back on the 126 we encountered 3 Harleys and a pack of cars going about 60 mph. As we started to pick our way through the pack of Harley guys they decide to speed up and start to run some kind of block with the cars. Safely we still continued to pick though the pack. Then the two of lead cars must have seen us coming and slowed down and started running side by side. Now were in the middle of an accordion of slow cars and the two Harleys from the rear trying to do the same. So the first chance we got my buddy on the MV passed out front and I followed with the two Harleys not far behind. I have to include this happened to be on a uphill off camber left hand turn. This is the only one on the 126 hwy. Not to mention it’s a 4 lane hwy in a very rural farming area not urban city streets with light traffic.
Right when we where in the turn I noticed a CHP and immediately checked my speedometer that read 82mph. Knowing the outcome I was pulled over as well as my buddy and the two other Harley’s guys. Expecting the ticket the CHP decided to write both me and my buddy up for 102 MPH and must of had some kind of Harley bonding moment and let the ill dressed riders on their marry way without a ticket. All I can say is that even thought I know I was in the wrong and deserve a ticket for my speed this CHP should have been more reasonable with us but instead showed poor judgment when he let the other guys go off with a warning and wrote us up with a false 102 MPH.
Because of reaction times, prior to looking at your speedo you were likely going much faster than what your brain recorded. Lot of subconsious reaction prior to looking at the speedo, one of which is cutting the throttle. Did he get you on radar or laser?

Depends on the Officer, but some will only write the lead speeders in a group and let the followers slide. I think that is fair and besides the fact there are variables that weigh in trying to prove the following riders were speeding as well. I think its chickens__t to write the whole group, but it happens all the time. A few years ago, I recall a CHP officer telling a buddy of mine in so many words he doesn't generally write the whole group, just the lead rider. Your complaint about him not writing the Harley guys is groundless in my opinion based on the "variables" argument. Kind of hard to articulate each person's speed in the following group in my opinion, unless they are tightly bunched. At any rate, many groups are written all the time and the citations stick. The Officer has to prove via skilled observations the actions of the following group. Your complaint of poor judgement, that is the Officer letting the two Harley riders off in my opinion was showing good judgement on the part of the Officer. Nothing illegal about it, again it has to do with the variables. However, the politically correct course of action by the Officer would be to cite you guys first then hang out with the Harley guys for a few minutes allowing you time to disappear into the sunset, afterwhich he can then cut them loose. Do you think the Harley riders were going 100+ as well? Harleys are sluggish and not sprinters like our bikes. Further, the Officer had all of you in his sights head on, the Harley guys were behind you. Kind of hard to accurately detail what they were doing unless you had eyes in the back of your head. In any case their actions had nothing to do with the ticket anyway. What happened to you is exactly why I don't ride point on any group rides.

I just got back from attending a funeral of a friend of mine, killed last Sunday while riding his motorcycle. Apparently going too fast on a sweeper to react in time to avoid a car making a left turn from a side road, going right to left. Needless to say, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now lets suppose he got stopped prior to the scene of the accident and was issued a citation for speeding. In that case you would say he was in the right place at the right time. Maybe you were in the right place at the right time afterall.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
100 plus club

demand that the speed camera , gun , or piggy bank is tested and in calibration and that it is in test date requirements

many fines have been squashed because of technical error and compliance
with eqiupment here in OZ

1 - 20 of 21 Posts