Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
It would probably look like a 1098 with its skin off.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
You'd probably like the look but as for as comfort it won't be near as good as is stock. Here's a pic of my S4Rs with clip ons if that helps at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Not sure the clipons would be usable. This bike you're almost perched over it, like a bird on branch, I can actually see the front of the tire in front when I'm riding it by merely looking down. The clipons would lower your center of gravity but it'd probably look odd in that the tail is so high, much more so than a 1098.

Chris

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
my two bits

I like the sf the way it is right now. it's very useable and you can still drive it fast.
My last ducati was a 2001 750 monster that I recently sold to help pay for this bike. It had cafe bars installed (they have the same stance as clipons). It was a great bike but not easy to ride for some. I did look at the streetfighter in terms of the clip on options. The SF is definitely lower than the stock monster bars.
I think it might could be a little challenging to install clip-ons because of the limited clearance between the forks and the tank when in full lock. If you look closely at the air intakes they are shaped to allow the forks to have some clearance. there may not be room for clip-ons (but without actually testing a specific set, it's all speculation on my part).

If you do get some installed make sure to post pictures and riding reviews. presently the only thing I may do is lower the forks in the triple clamps (decrease the rake and lean forwards a little more)

·
Registered
806 Posts
So, has anyone tried it yet? please post some pics ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
dont think theyd work for this.

·
1,766 Posts
RetroSBK's bike has the handlebar replaced with the clip-ons. I like it. I would go with the clipons too. I might want to do it in a future, who knows.
Here are the images of RetroSBK Streetfighter:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yea, but with Retro's bike....note he had to change the gas tank. Our stock tank won't work (or be very difficult to work with IMO) to put clip-ons on, and be functional.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Does anyone of you guys know if the 1098-1198 top triple fits a SF?

·
Registered
375 Posts
The dude who replaced his tail with a 1098 tail also has clip-ons. I forget who he is, but I remember he posted a pic with newly installed clip-ons.

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Waiting for my speedymoto clip-ons to come in. Will let you know how they work and function. Pictures to follow

Hopefully Canada Post ends they're stirke so they can leave the freaking wearhouse they're sitting in, in vancouver right now! lol

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Waiting for my speedymoto clip-ons to come in. Will let you know how they work and function. Pictures to follow

Hopefully Canada Post ends they're stirke so they can leave the freaking wearhouse they're sitting in, in vancouver right now! lol
I'll go get em.....:D

·
Registered
375 Posts

Did you confirm with Speedymoto they will fit? Which model? I didn't see anything on their site that mentions Streetfighter.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Did you confirm with Speedymoto they will fit? Which model? I didn't see anything on their site that mentions Streetfighter.
Another member installed the speedymoto's on his SFS.

The 53mm series fit with no issues.

I guess when I get them in I'll see if there are any issues or not. I'm just waiting for Canada Post to get off they're lazy fucking ass and get back to work.

Baysideperformance.com or .ca has a chart with fitment.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Another member installed the speedymoto's on his SFS.

The 53mm series fit with no issues.

I guess when I get them in I'll see if there are any issues or not. I'm just waiting for Canada Post to get off they're lazy fucking ass and get back to work.

Baysideperformance.com or .ca has a chart with fitment.
Cool, can't wait to see the pics! Yeah, your postal strike news made it out to California. So lame.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts