Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 750 Sport
I know clamp with your legs and use your core to hold yourself up.

I'm looking at the Woodcraft clip-ons with ~1.5 or 2" risers. Has/does anyone here used/use them? Did you have to get longer brake and clutch lines? I know Woodcraft makes some quality stuff but are they as rigid as the OEMs? Any other gotchas.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Welcome to Apex Manufacturing L.L.C.

You'll be better off with these from Apex. I've had both this is much more adjustable!!

HANDS DOWN BETTER (.) They are making a New style also ask them when you call!

·
Registered
176 Posts
The 750 Sport has the "coffin" style brake and clutch reservoirs so you have to make sure that the clip-ons will accommodate them. This might limit your selection.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The 750 Sport has the "coffin" style brake and clutch reservoirs so you have to make sure that the clip-ons will accommodate them. This might limit your selection.
3" riser from Apex..............;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Will the 3" rise bars fit under the fairing on an 01'? Not much clearance there but I would really like to gain some comfort. I ride about 200 miles every weekend. Also my clipons are on top of the triple tree, think these will still work with that arrangement?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The Apex risers adjust up and down and the bar has a pivet, very cool and comfee!!!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Where do thy mount above or below the triple?
Your choice! pre-98 mount lower so with these mounts the "holder" that the bar mount to sides up or down on the clamp. Very cool design and helps with people with hand problems like myself and need a upward style bar so my wgt don't all go on my hands.

My 1999 900SS has 50mm yours are smaller?

Also after a lot of Track Testing with these "Clip ons" most all low side just broke off the bar and not the clamp itself. Which saves you $$$ by just buying a New bar.

Adjustments: 1.on the fork up or down
2. post up or down
3. post forward or back
4. Bar pivets in the post

No other clip on will do that! Let them know if anyone buys them that you got all your info on this site!

These work very well for the older bikes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your choice! pre-98 mount lower so with these mounts the "holder" that the bar mount to sides up or down on the clamp. Very cool design and helps with people with hand problems like myself and need a upward style bar so my wgt don't all go on my hands.

My 1999 900SS has 50mm yours are smaller?

Also after a lot of Track Testing with these "Clip ons" most all low side just broke off the bar and not the clamp itself. Which saves you $$$ by just buying a New bar.

Adjustments: 1.on the fork up or down
2. post up or down
3. post forward or back
4. Bar pivets in the post

No other clip on will do that! Let them know if anyone buys them that you got all your info on this site!

These work very well for the older bikes.
Best I can tell the 01 750 Sport has the same fork body as your 900SS just different internals. I know I can bolt up 900 forks w/o modifications. 50MM top to just under the top triple.

Sweet!

·
Registered
176 Posts
3" riser from Apex..............;)
Did you have to modify your fairing to fit the bars? Would you be willing to provide a pic or two? I've been pondering an LSL handlebar conversion, but the Apex bars look like a much easier and cheaper solution.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am already pretty sold on this. I wanted to make a change to the handlebars but the clearance to the fearing always seemed really tight. I didn't think there were many options for me. Some pics of your setup would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just fitted a pair of the 3" riser Apex clipons to my 900SP 96 model & teamed them up with a pair of the Biltwell "kungFu" grips..Absolutely awesome now (for me)..There were no issues (for me ) with the fairing & clearance & i got exactly the position i needed/wanted..
It's made a huge difference after fine -tuning the rise & also the angle of the bars..The KungFu grips are fat & meaty & really comfy ..seem to absorb a lot more vibration than the old progrips previously fitted...It's made it feel like a whole new front end ..Also unlike most i actually lowered my forks 10mm in the trees & thats made it feel great (for me):yeah: ..kinda rock solid & not so lightweight

·
Registered
176 Posts
Curvman99... Thanks for the pics! I'm still curious to know how the Apexs fit under the 99+ supersport fairing. There's not a lot of room under there. I installed some Helibars and found that I had lost some lock-to-lock distance due to interference from the fairing and fuel tank.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Curvman99... Thanks for the pics! I'm still curious to know how the Apexs fit under the 99+ supersport fairing. There's not a lot of room under there. I installed some Helibars and found that I had lost some lock-to-lock distance due to interference from the fairing and fuel tank.
Same here ('99 900SSie w/ 1 pc. helibars). While the downward angle is less than OEM, and they do move the whole bar backwards just a bit, it doesn't seem like there's much leeway for any adjustment up, down, forwards or backwards without either pinning the back of your hands under the mirrors, making contact with the fairing opening, or the tank. They are more comfortable than the OEM bars, at least.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Pic 1. That clamp can go up or down on your fork.
2. That post that holds the Bar, can be adjusted up or down.

The best part I see is the Pivet of the bar into the post.
http://www.ducati.ms/gallery/showimage.php?i=5645&original=1&c=member&imageuser=16149

above triple mount no need for 3" as shown, pre98 who like a under triple mount go with the 3" riser.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
My bike 99 900SSie w/Apex Clip on w/bar

This is the set on my bike as you can see with my 10mm spacers off and the clip flush with the Triple you don't need the 3" riser for the 99+ bikes.

Pre-98 I would go with the 3" riser.(mount below triple)

Very cool how the pin in the bar gives you more adjustment in wrist angle.

I'm very happy with this product and give it a 5 star rating from a guy with bad wrist and hands and now can still enjoy riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
hey curveman... what is the distance between your axle center and bottom triple clamp? I thought the 99+ was mounted below?

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 01' has them on top. I think I am committed to trying these bars out. Has anyone tried the speedymoto omnibar? Thoughts and comparison? I like these these seem to be a local type company and the reviews say the machining is top notch. But I just wondered how the Speedymoto ones compared.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
hey curveman... what is the distance between your axle center and bottom triple clamp? I thought the 99+ was mounted below?
above with 10mm spacer, which I do not use.. You could mount them below its up to the rider.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts