Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the 7500 mile svc done on my '11 MTS while the bike had approximately 7000 miles on it. I was receiving the "Oil Svc -500" message prior to dropping it off, and assumed the -500 was because I was 500 miles early. Picked the bike up today after the service and I still had the same "Oil Svc -500" message. Of course, the oil was serviced during the visit. I asked about clearing it and after the rep took the bike back to a tech, he came back saying that the message could not be cleared until it actually hit 7500 miles and a tech resets the message. He said they cannot reset the Oil Svc message independently, and it was the way Ducati wrote the logic. Seemed unusual to me and I accepted his explanation, but still have doubts. Can anyone confirm that he indeed spoke the truth?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I think that's accurate.

The Service manager at my dealership warned me to not get the service done before the scheduled mileage for just that reason.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I had the 7500 mile svc done on my '11 MTS while the bike had approximately 7000 miles on it. I was receiving the "Oil Svc -500" message prior to dropping it off, and assumed the -500 was because I was 500 miles early. Picked the bike up today after the service and I still had the same "Oil Svc -500" message. Of course, the oil was serviced during the visit. I asked about clearing it and after the rep took the bike back to a tech, he came back saying that the message could not be cleared until it actually hit 7500 miles and a tech resets the message. He said they cannot reset the Oil Svc message independently, and it was the way Ducati wrote the logic. Seemed unusual to me and I accepted his explanation, but still have doubts. Can anyone confirm that he indeed spoke the truth?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
Same thing my dealer said with the 620 mile service, dont bring it in @ 600 miles or i'd have to come back 20 after to get the light cleared. I do all my in between services myself. I wait for the liight to come on and clear it with the VDST on my own. I live 235 miles from a dealer, way too far of a drive to get them to reset an idiot light.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I think that's accurate.

The Service manager at my dealership warned me to not get the service done before the scheduled mileage for just that reason.
Me too. In my case I did the 12k service at about 10000 ( before a long ride across Europe). I've had the 12k message for about 5k's now...:D

Edit: I checked my service manual and it describes how the DDS is used to switch it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts