Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some jackhole stole my right rear turn signal cover the other day when I was away from my bike for like 5 minutes to go into a store.

Anyway, I need to replace it and I was wondering if I buy the clear alternative, clear signal cover, does it come with the black plastic housing that you twist onto the rear assembly, or is it just merely the clear rear lens? Any input ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
Man that s__ks!!! I would be so mad! Where were you at?
For your question, it seems that what ever lens i find is a straight swap with the lens and NO housing! You'l have to look for a recker or some one who has swaped to a L.E.D. application.

In a past post I have seen sweet applications on intergrated turn signals and the like! MAY be an apportunity to upgrade?

BTW why would some one do that!?!?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Idea

I have no idea. I was down at the Seal Beach Car show this last weekend, and I left, drove about 3 blocks to the supermarket to grab a bottle of water, came out and it was gone. Didn't cut anyone off on the way there or drive like a jerk, so, i really don't know why it was stolen. It just sucks!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ya I know were that is! It was probably an A_s hole that was jelous of the fine bike. When ever I go to bike meets that are mixers I allways keep an eye-out for haters.
Last Italian Bike Night, past 19th I allmost got a pair of gloves stolen out of my helmet!!!!

WTF is going on!!!

Man you should have posted cause I would have gone with you! If you did I didn't check! Me and a few others were at Crystal Cove car show Sat. morning.

are you going to AMA Sunday? bring your Duc key and get hospitality and speciel seating in the field!!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could this weekend, however I think I really need to take my bike in. It needs the 600 mile service, its backfiring consistently, leaking oil out of the rear head, and is taking forever and a day to start up, not to mention that its stalling here and there. It just needs to be gone over, so I was going to bring to spectrum sometime this week, if not saturday, and I think it will be out of comission this weekend. As much as I love riding the thing, I need to make sure its safe for me to ride and not stalling in traffic when a light turns green and cars start whizzin by me. Don't need to get run over. We need to meet up soon and ride though, I'll let you know when I have it back and in working order!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just put an LED kit in mine you can have my spare stuff just let me know what you need and pay shipping?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does the LED kit eradicate the need for the turn signals? everything is just incorporated in the brake light area? Are you happy with it? Who did you get it from?

Also, Thanks for the very generous offer. I called clear alternatives and they told me that it comes with the housing, so I will prob. just use that for now.

This is one of the reasons why I love having a ducati, a completly different class of person!!!

M

·
0 Posts
The clear alternative is the complete twist off housing and lens. You will also receive yellow bulbs to replace the clear oem bulbs.
As stated in previous posts the quality isn't the best however they do give the bike a more euro look.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Actually it looks like I may not have been able to keep up my end anyway, I didn't look at your avatar I just assumed you had an SBK (is my terminology right??)..a 748/916/996/998.

Good luck with your kit!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an FYI....

I bought them off of E-Bay and the seller was great. They are the clear alternative lenses. As someone posted here earlier, they do leave a little to be desired as far as the quality. They aren't bad, and most people won't ever inspect the bike that closely to ever even notice, but I do. The one thing that I was trying to find out was whether the rear signal indicators were just the lenses or if they came with the black plastic housing, and just to let future purchasers know, they do in fact come with the black plastic housing.

My thoughts about the quality and fitment of the products. :think:

First off. for the front turn signals, there are two problems. 1. they don't fit exactly flush in the stock mirror mount. 2. the inlet for the bulb to go into wasn't perfectly round, so i had to shave a little plastic off so the wiring harness would fit.

The rear turn signal indicators. 1. the quality of them upon close inspection is subpar. You can see where the glue job on them went a little awry. Secondly, the black plastic housing looks like they were stock ones, and then sanded with 20 grit paper and then spray painted. Not alot of attention to finite detail go into these, but, upon quick glance, as most people will be, they look fine, especially when you are riding. Its just if you want something that looks perfect under scrutiny, then this is not your product

·
Registered
153 Posts
Who's that seller?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sellers screen name on e bay is extreme_performance_auctions and his name is Jason Day. He was a pleasure to deal with. Unfortunately clear alternatives seems to be the only one to make these things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts