Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have them? Any draw backs? Im kinda feeling the itch to do some thing. On a practical side it would be neat to do a visual inspection on the belts from time to time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Any one have them? Any draw backs? Im kinda feeling the itch to do some thing. On a practical side it would be neat to do a visual inspection on the belts from time to time.
Way too expensive for my liking...

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I can't think of any drawbacks in using those belt covers. A couple of SF owners are using them and I've never heard a complaint. They are expensive, but I want them to. Maybe some day. Possibly when that tree in my back yard starts growing $100 bills.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Reactions: macthered

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have them they look the business. Only complaint the perspex gets a little mucky now and then and needs a wipe but that's only if your really fussy..... like me. Expensive!! Damn sure, scour flea bay and find a bargain that's what I did :)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have them they look the business. Only complaint the perspex gets a little mucky now and then and needs a wipe but that's only if your really fussy..... like me. Expensive!! Damn sure, scour flea bay and find a bargain that's what I did :)
Are they alum with plexi glass plastic with plexi glass?. Agreed they are $$$ but I've never seen them in person. I was thinking because people didn't like them but I guess it's the $$$.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I always thought they looked cool. I just have no need since I have carbon covers. If I had the standard model I would consider getting them. I will agree those bad boys are pricey, just like everything else from rizoma.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like the way they look but I doubt I'd ever pay that much for them. Too many other good things to use the money on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
...drawbacks..you'll probably loose all the "weight savings" you got from the CF parts and bits you bought..:D
you could get more performance upgrades for the price you paid for it...but it looks really cool..:rolleyes:
i'm wondering why other Ducati aftermarket parts manufacturers wont make a similar product..

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got lucky ( I guess) and prev owner had them on so I get the depreciated value. :) I think they are pretty trick looking just like the open dry clutch. Like noted the inside can get a little dirty but its fairly easy to clean (I'm picky like that too). The plastic is pretty thin and has some tiny o-rings on the bolts you have to be careful with so you don't lose them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have this on my SFS, great looking piece. The vertical part almost made me never wanna buy another Rizoma part again. From my experience, you can't install the vertical belt cover with out some kind of damage to the cover itself. I'm waiting on Rizoma to release a vertical belt cover for the 848 SF so both my STREETFIGHTERs will have them.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
If you were handy with a Dremel you could probably mod the stockers and get a similar effect...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Mine... Drawback.. Don't wear laces. On the plus size it's a bit more affordable than the rizoma and looks just as cool if not more!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Are they alum with plexi glass plastic with plexi glass?. Agreed they are $$$ but I've never seen them in person. I was thinking because people didn't like them but I guess it's the $$$.

Aluminium with a thin plastic window. Right about the weight but they look so good. Total poser piece, but worth it if you like looking/showing off your bike

I have this on my SFS, great looking piece. The vertical part almost made me never wanna buy another Rizoma part again. From my experience, you can't install the vertical belt cover with out some kind of damage to the cover itself. I'm waiting on Rizoma to release a vertical belt cover for the 848 SF so both my STREETFIGHTERs will have them.
They are a twat to fit but there's a technique. You have to loosen the tank, take off the key guard and push the tank over a little. Then remove the left side of the rubber air box tube and pull it out the way. After that the part should lower down straight then you have to move it to the left a little and it will slide in. Its slow and painful but should go in no problem. Pics would have helped ill do some if req

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aluminium with a thin plastic window. Right about the weight but they look so good. Total poser piece, but worth it if you like looking/showing off your bike
Like pound or ounces? I've just have the standard with a termi cf slip on. If its like five more pounds than it would be noticeable. But going from a half pond to a full pound wouldn't be a big deal. I'll just skip breakfast before I ride. I just think with the new 1199 engine it would cool to see the legacy of having belts in your bike visible.

·
Registered
325 Posts

They are a twat to fit but there's a technique. You have to loosen the tank, take off the key guard and push the tank over a little. Then remove the left side of the rubber air box tube and pull it out the way. After that the part should lower down straight then you have to move it to the left a little and it will slide in. Its slow and painful but should go in no problem. Pics would have helped ill do some if req
Take some pic please so if Rizoma ever makes a Vertical piece for the SF 848 I can can do it once more. On my last install, I did remove the tank and slide it to the left and I also removed the rubber tube to the airbox. It did not want to slide in, I took a hammer and covered the top of the vertical cover with some cloth and bang the shit out of it to go down.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Take some pic please so if Rizoma ever makes a Vertical piece for the SF 848 I can can do it once more. On my last install, I did remove the tank and slide it to the left and I also removed the rubber tube to the airbox. It did not want to slide in, I took a hammer and covered the top of the vertical cover with some cloth and bang the shit out of it to go down.
Christ dont do that ha ha It should fit the 848 anyway but i will do some pics just for my own stress levels of you taking a hammer to your bike. I sold a carbon upper from my SF for someone with a 848 and it fit no prob

·
Registered
225 Posts
Like pound or ounces? I've just have the standard with a termi cf slip on. If its like five more pounds than it would be noticeable. But going from a half pond to a full pound wouldn't be a big deal. I'll just skip breakfast before I ride. I just think with the new 1199 engine it would cool to see the legacy of having belts in your bike visible.

Not sure of exact weight, not loads just a little heavier than standard

·
Registered
665 Posts
Mine... Drawback.. Don't wear laces. On the plus size it's a bit more affordable than the rizoma and looks just as cool if not more!

SUPERCOOL!

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
325 Posts
Christ dont do that ha ha It should fit the 848 anyway but i will do some pics just for my own stress levels of you taking a hammer to your bike. I sold a carbon upper from my SF for someone with a 848 and it fit no prob
Before I spend $800 plus for the SF 848, I contacted Rizoma US Reps and they said that the they have not released an 848 SF vertical belt cover yet. This is what Rizoma said.

"Apparently, the Streetfighter 848 has a vertical belt cover that is unique in design and shape and fits no other
Ducati bikes."

I know the Rizoma lower belt cover fits the 848 SF because I saw a red 848 SF with it already. The weird part about the 848 SF is that the vertical belt cover is vented on the left and right side. The 1098 SF is only vented on the left side on the vertical belt cover.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Before I spend $800 plus for the SF 848, I contacted Rizoma US Reps and they said that the they have not released an 848 SF vertical belt cover yet. This is what Rizoma said.

"Apparently, the Streetfighter 848 has a vertical belt cover that is unique in design and shape and fits no other
Ducati bikes."

I know the Rizoma lower belt cover fits the 848 SF because I saw a red 848 SF with it already. The weird part about the 848 SF is that the vertical belt cover is vented on the left and right side. The 1098 SF is only vented on the left side on the vertical belt cover.
Ill be surprised if that vent makes any difference but you'll have to go with what Rizoma say I guess. Have you tried the SF cover on the 848?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts