Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody knows how I can clean the stepper motor unit on a MTS1000 '04?
Or whether I can disassemble it?

I have very low revs on idle after starting (900 rpm) and it is prone to stall when riding away with cold engine

It gets better when the engine warms up, idle goes to 1100 rpm.

It drives fine warm or cold engine, it's only the cold idle revs

That's why I want to clean the stepper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've cleaned car IAC using carby clean for the passages, and wd-40 for the actual valve.
If you have access to a scanner you can compare the desired rpm with the actual to see if it's an electrical or mechanical fault.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I connect to the post to ask for information regarding the stepper motor of my mts 1100. I would like to take it apart and open it to clean it carefully, do you know if it is possible?
Thank you

·
comrade moderator
27,148 Posts
Do either of you have an aftermarket exhaust on the bike? Catalytic removed? I chased this same problem on mine until I re-installed the stock exhaust...fixed. Ran much better.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
i've got one in at the moment that won't fast idle. the stepper is open when key off, turn it on and the valve closes, but doesn't reopen again. not sure why. i've had different versions of the ecu mapping seem to make a difference on another that was much the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the reply. the bike has been fitted with an original Ducati kit since I bought it (three years ago) and it has always gone very well, now it is suddenly difficult to start either hot or fast, but once it is turned on it's fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts