Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got talked into showing both the ST4S and the Sprint ST at a bike show the end of the month. The ST4S has a really disgusting buildup of road crud running down the centerline of the belly fairing. What's the best way to get this cleaned up?

·
Super Moderator
5,380 Posts
I've had good luck with Simple Green to get most of the stuff off. Then a rag sprayed with WD-40 for the stubborn stuff. After this treatment, I'll rewax the belly pan.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I've had good luck with Simple Green to get most of the stuff off. Then a rag sprayed with WD-40 for the stubborn stuff. After this treatment, I'll rewax the belly pan.
Ditto on the Simple Green. Never used the WD40 thing but will give it a shot.

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,630 Posts
So, I got talked into showing both the ST4S and the Sprint ST at a bike show the end of the month. The ST4S has a really disgusting buildup of road crud running down the centerline of the belly fairing. What's the best way to get this cleaned up?
Pretend it's a factory touring stripe!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
When I had my ST2, I was a bit anal about stuff. I taped the front surfaces with 3M clear tape, same stuff that you see on car hoods. The vee (cow catcher) piece was definitely covered! Vy easy to clean after that!

Oh, now? I just ride the biatches. (and change their oil)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts