Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Wanted to post my issue in here to get more eyes on it. I got a Hypermotard 1100 EVO (Same engine has the Monster 1100.)

I have the Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks from motowheels and just cleaned and oiled both K&N air filters and small crankcase breather and air idle filters. Let the filters wick with oil overnight and installed everything back together today.

Took it for a ride and it ran like crap. Barely got it started (Always has trouble starting cold tho) but as I was riding around town the engine died coasting to a stop 3 times. Which was very unusual. Throttle response was jerky and just felt totally off. The things I noticed most was it felt like I had lost half the power and didn't sound as loud as normal. Took her home and tore her apart again. After doing some research....the symptoms of a dirty/damaged MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor seemed like a real possibility.

The Hyper has an Air Temperature Sensor in one of the intakes and I remember cleaning out both intakes yesterday with some rubbing alcohol and non-chlorinated brake clean using paper towels...which I realize now was a mistake :(. Thinking I got the sensor dirty...I bought some Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner and cleaned the sensor in the intake.

Put the pods back on and took her for a ride...But still same problems.

Do you think I may have damaged the Air Temperature Sensor?

Any thoughts and opinions will be appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Try drying the sensor with a hair dryer.. otherwise maybe too much oil on filters fouled the plugs ?

·
Registered
Ducati Monster 1100S 2209
6 Posts
Hey guys,

Wanted to post my issue in here to get more eyes on it. I got a Hypermotard 1100 EVO (Same engine has the Monster 1100.)

I have the Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks from motowheels and just cleaned and oiled both K&N air filters and small crankcase breather and air idle filters. Let the filters wick with oil overnight and installed everything back together today.

Took it for a ride and it ran like crap. Barely got it started (Always has trouble starting cold tho) but as I was riding around town the engine died coasting to a stop 3 times. Which was very unusual. Throttle response was jerky and just felt totally off. The things I noticed most was it felt like I had lost half the power and didn't sound as loud as normal. Took her home and tore her apart again. After doing some research....the symptoms of a dirty/damaged MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor seemed like a real possibility.

The Hyper has an Air Temperature Sensor in one of the intakes and I remember cleaning out both intakes yesterday with some rubbing alcohol and non-chlorinated brake clean using paper towels...which I realize now was a mistake :(. Thinking I got the sensor dirty...I bought some Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner and cleaned the sensor in the intake.

Put the pods back on and took her for a ride...But still same problems.

Do you think I may have damaged the Air Temperature Sensor?

Any thoughts and opinions will be appreciated...thanks

Any news on this problem? By the way I'm about to do this mod. Any suggestion that might ease the task? Ty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts