Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
😂 lolz
Cheeky beggar! Gimme a break i have never owned a bike with a chain before as alm my previous bikes as been shaft driven ... i will be sure to be alot more careful with the chain lube in future though! 🤪

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cheeky beggar! Gimme a break i have never owned a bike with a chain before as alm my previous bikes as been shaft driven ... i will be sure to be alot more careful with the chain lube in future though! 🤪
I wasn't laughing at you in any way, I was relpying sarcastically to another post. Your chain looks just fine, and don't worry, it's not "over lubed"

·
Registered
934 Posts
We're having a bit of fun here. No worries. Lube is a running gag on this forum.
Lot's of divergence of opinions (old school vs new school) as discussed here:

·
Registered
934 Posts
I wasn't laughing at you in any way, I was relpying sarcastically to another post. Your chain looks just fine, and don't worry, it's not "over lubed"
It's over-lubed when the sprocket has a muffin-top. Any muffin-top other than baked goods is not a good thing. That lard will eventually attract trouble. In this case, abrasive road grime. Moreover, it risks flying off making the bike harder to clean. Over-lubing to compensate for regular cleaning is akin to over-deodorizing for not taking a shower.

·
Registered
934 Posts
@Bobby82176
This is off-topic but your OP photo reveled a couple of things that caught my attention:
Your chain. Although it's EK's value model, it's far superior to anything that's now being installed today as OEM chains. However, I've never seen a EK that looks cosmetically beaten-up like that. That in itself, may not be an issue but it does stand-out. I would have that chain checked for peace of mind.
More important however is your axle nut lock-pin where the safety zip-tie is broken. That should be an immediate concern and replaced ASAP. Although zip-ties are convenient, a twisted safety wire as shown would be better.

Screenshot from 2020-06-05 20:41:09.png

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Bobby82176
This is off-topic but your OP photo reveled a couple of things that caught my attention:
Your chain. Although it's EK's value model, it's far superior to anything that's now being installed today as OEM chains. However, I've never seen a EK that looks cosmetically beaten-up like that. That in itself, may not be an issue but it does stand-out. I would have that chain checked for peace of mind.
More important however is your axle nut lock-pin where the safety zip-tie is broken. That should be an immediate concern and replaced ASAP. Although zip-ties are convenient, a twisted safety wire as shown would be better.

View attachment 986984
Thanks for that will take a look when the rain stops...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts