Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hanging out with friends I trouble with and we were all noting how many Ducati's are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue area. I see them all the time and was wondering if there is some sort of stat done to note this in any way?! In this area there are 2 dealers within 30-60min(depends on day and time) of each other. Then you have MotoCorsa in Portland, 3hrs south. I'm sure San Francisco can also boast a big group of ownership but how would you know? Hack the DMV?:think:

BTW, :think: < that guy cracks me up!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Was hanging out with friends I trouble with and we were all noting how many Ducati's are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue area. I see them all the time and was wondering if there is some sort of stat done to note this in any way?! In this area there are 2 dealers within 30-60min(depends on day and time) of each other. Then you have MotoCorsa in Portland, 3hrs south. I'm sure San Francisco can also boast a big group of ownership but how would you know? Hack the DMV?:think:

BTW, :think: < that guy cracks me up!
I read once that Oregon has the highest proportion of Ducti's, per capita, in the whole USA. I suspect this has a lot to do with how relatively few people live in Oregon though.

Portland does have a pretty high volume of Ducati's. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out on top as a city. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
It might be just me that you see of and over :)
(getting close to 20,000 miles now on this multi, riding daily, year round.)

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I believe Bellevue Ducati was one of the top dealers volume wise in the Northwest area for 2011. However, I still don't see many on the road compared to HD's and Yamasukawahondas.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I believe Bellevue Ducati was one of the top dealers volume wise in the Northwest area for 2011. However, I still don't see many on the road compared to HD's and Yamasukawahondas.
Mine is on the road every day and I live in Bellevue. I see numerous Ducati bikes every day. We actually wave at one another!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
It boggles the mind that any city in the Pacific Northwest would have that many bikes, let alone Ducatis; due to all that rain, rain, rain.

If you are talking about a single, discrete, 'city', I'd say San Francisco, especially if you are talking Monsters - they seem to be everywhere there. Sydney had a fair few too, considering how much they cost down under.

But my serious guess has to be Los Angeles ('Greater' Los Angeles, that is). Lots of great year-round weather and almost (but not quite) enough Ducati dealers to service the demand. I see Ducatis on the Crest, over in Malibu, up in Ojai and Highway 33; even commuting in LA city traffic. Ortega Highway just south of 'Greater' LA has tons of 'em. PCH and the coastal cities always have Ducs on show. LA may not win the 'per capita' award, but in sheer numbers, this has to be the place for Ducatis.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
The rain in the Pacific Northwest doesn't stop us from riding and most of us ride all year long!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
The rain in the Pacific Northwest doesn't stop us from riding and most of us ride all year long!
You are a tougher Man than I am Bob; riding in the wet was something I had to do when I was a kid with only a bike for transportation. Then again, if you live in the PacNW, then I guess you have to ride in the wet if you want to ride at all. I get up to Portland regularly, and just a few weeks ago saw a kid on a 2005 ZX-10R riding through a downpour. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I read once that Oregon has the highest proportion of Ducti's, per capita, in the whole USA. I suspect this has a lot to do with how relatively few people live in Oregon though.

Portland does have a pretty high volume of Ducati's. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out on top as a city. :D
We were racing at The Ridge (near Shelton, WA) for the first time about three weeks ago. I saw more Ducatis on that track than anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
If you are talking about a single, discrete, 'city', I'd say San Francisco, especially if you are talking Monsters - they seem to be everywhere there. Sydney had a fair few too, considering how much they cost down under.

But my serious guess has to be Los Angeles ('Greater' Los Angeles, that is). Lots of great year-round weather and almost (but not quite) enough Ducati dealers to service the demand. I see Ducatis on the Crest, over in Malibu, up in Ojai and Highway 33; even commuting in LA city traffic. Ortega Highway just south of 'Greater' LA has tons of 'em. PCH and the coastal cities always have Ducs on show. LA may not win the 'per capita' award, but in sheer numbers, this has to be the place for Ducatis.
Wayne

That would be my first guess. LA and the surrounding canyons are Ground Zero for bikers.

rnickeymouse captures it all just above The Rock Store on Mulholland.

And then there is always (in between the occasional catastrophic event) that fantastic weather.

Dan

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are a tougher Man than I am Bob; riding in the wet was something I had to do when I was a kid with only a bike for transportation. Then again, if you live in the PacNW, then I guess you have to ride in the wet if you want to ride at all. I get up to Portland regularly, and just a few weeks ago saw a kid on a 2005 ZX-10R riding through a downpour. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. :)
It's not as wet as you think but wetter than most. Anyway with the right equipment(tires, bike toys and personal gear) you never even notice the rain. I and lots others ride every single day, even on ice. Snow is a different story. Picking your line and awareness also helps a ton. Just a thing I guess. I also hate riding in anything above 80*. Can't deal well with muggy and I ride lots less during the summer months. To each his own I guess.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
whatever "city" Newcomb's Ranch is in :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
In the SF bay area we have 4 dealers within an hour of SF and the HQ for Ducati NA.

LA has a lot of riders, and ProItalia.....but SF is more elitist so I bet we have more per capita.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts