Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Christmas present came today. I'm excited about installing them. I didnt realize that I would need some very specific tools to do this. I have already made the lower tube clamp wrench. What weight oil are you using? I have read a few different recommendations. Some say to run what they recomend and over time they will become more smooth. Others say to use lighter oil. I have also read you dont really need to machine the set screw, you can hammer a torques bit into the worm screw and back it out
Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Christmas present came today. I'm excited about installing them. I didnt realize that I would need some very specific tools to do this. I have already made the lower tube clamp wrench. What weight oil are you using? I have read a few different recommendations. Some say to run what they recomend and over time they will become more smooth. Others say to use lighter oil. I have also read you dont really need to machine the set screw, you can hammer a torques bit into the worm screw and back it out
Thoughts?
take the Öhlins R&D 1309 oil, there is a reason why they recommend it

remember that we managed to screw out the wormscrew, but had to heat a lot the bottom of the fork to be able to turn it.
when installing and assambling, take care to turn the nut down and then open the nut full 4 turns (as described) so that basic setting is in the middle when mounted on bike and you have 4 turns to open and close, for both, rebound and compression.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The spring rate is for a 260lb rider in full gear.

ferdi, thank you. I'll have to puck up some of the oil. Do you remember howmuch you needed? 1 bottle, 2, 3?

·
Registered
14 Posts

ferdi, thank you. I'll have to puck up some of the oil. Do you remember howmuch you needed? 1 bottle, 2, 3?
i am not sure, its about 1 liter, little less or little more.
i have a moto morini corsaro 1200 with an andreani also, so i have more of this oil at home.
but mine is a shorter hyperstrada one, so maybe yours needs a little more than mine.

·
Registered
257 Posts

I was curious what rate they gave you for your weight. It's laser engraved on the side of the springs, kind of hard to see sometimes.

You'll want two bottles of Ohlins fork oil.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like 8.3 rate on both springs. Do you happen to know what that equates too? I have been reading alot of old reviews on these as well as new ones and it looks like originally people didn't like them till they had a few miles and made many adjustments. The more recent posts look like people live them . I wonder if anything changed with the product.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I can't speak for the Hyper kit but I installed the Andreani cartridge kit in my Diavel and it made a world of difference. The install was pretty simple and didn't require a lot of specialty tools. I used Ohlins fork oil and I bought the basic Motion Pro spring compressor for $28 on Amazon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks like 8.3 rate on both springs. Do you happen to know what that equates too? I have been reading alot of old reviews on these as well as new ones and it looks like originally people didn't like them till they had a few miles and made many adjustments. The more recent posts look like people live them . I wonder if anything changed with the product.
8.3 N/m is close to a .85 kg/mm spring. Not sure what stock spring rate is on 821.

I think Andreani did update the Misano cartridges a while back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts