1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Tuneboy advance wi-fi kit - tuning and CC
- Tuneboy quickshifter kit
- Leo Vince decat

A shout out to all the guys on here for there posts which help alot , are well said , and informative.

- Turkish Express your LV decat install pics are awesome and I will follow your tutorial when I install all this in the spring

- Also to my Canadian friend MTS Scott whose comments and posts are ALWAYS interesting :wink2:

Reactions: Turkishexpress

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
NO EXCUSES!
Lotsa time for the install.
Getting rid of the excess weight , (Remove Flapper motor while it is apart)
Put Fasteners back into correct holes in the same order, will help with the leftover where do these go bits and pieces.

Then you is gonna hafta trailer the bike to someplace warm to try it out before next riding season.

You gonna love it! New Bike.

ALWAYS sumptin to add to the bike, How fast do you wanna spend???
Enjoy

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Congrats! I have the same setup except for the quick shifter because I'm so damn slow these days, I just leave it in first gear. :)

Cruise control is great. Don't freak out when working with TB. Most here find it to be a little tricky, not all that intuitive, and a little short on directions, but it works great. Here are some notes based on my experiences with it that may help when you get to that point ...

Notes for upgrading to TuneBoy Version 4.0 from an earlier one (2.0 in this case):
> Under Section 4 - Installing The First Map of the Version 4.0 instructions, you essentially skip steps 7 - 21 because you did those in setting up your earlier version.
> Close all TB programs if any are open.
> Connect the WB01 WiFi Box’s USB cable to the PC. Do NOT connect the WB01 to the bike at this point.
> Find the file WB01_Update_1_0F.exe in the TB folders that you downloaded to your PC. Right click on it and run as Administrator.
> Disconnect WB01 WiFi Box’s USB cable from the PC because you want that “WiFi/USB” light on the WB01 to be steady - not blinking. The USB cable causes interference.
> Pull the headlight light fuse to save the battery. (It’s the 1st one in row closest to front of bike on my 2012 MTS.)
> Connect the WB01 to the bike.
> Turn on the bike.
> Connect to the TB WiFi network on your PC.
> Right click the WB01 Find icon and run as Administrator.
> Right click the FlashMitsubishi icon and run as Administrator.
> Answer YES if asked to connect the WB01 via WiFi.
> Select upgraded tune (base map) and flash to the ECU.
> Turn bike off. Wait 30 seconds. Turn back on. See if it took by turning on TuneBoyTrim described below. Otherwise, try again. It may have to be done twice to take.

Notes for using TuneBoyTrim to turn off the Service/Oil Indicators:
> Disconnect WB01 WiFi Box’s USB cable from the PC because you want that “WiFi/USB” light on the WB01 to be steady - not blinking. The USB cable causes interference.
> Pull the headlight light fuse to save the battery. (It’s the 1st one in row closest to front of bike on my 2012 MTS.)
> Connect the WB01 to the bike.
> Turn on the bike.
> Connect to the TB WiFi network on your PC.
> Right click the WB01 Find icon and run as Administrator.
> Right click the TuneBoyTrim icon and run as Administrator.
> Answer YES if asked to connect the WB01 via WiFi.
> Follow the TuneBoyTrim instructions from here.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Got the Tuneboy advance wi-fi kit - tuning and CC
- Tuneboy quickshifter kit
- Leo Vince decat

A shout out to all the guys on here for there posts which help alot , are well said , and informative.

- Turkish Express your LV decat install pics are awesome and I will follow your tutorial when I install all this in the spring

- Also to my Canadian friend MTS Scott whose comments and posts are ALWAYS interesting :wink2:
Where did you find a Leo Vince decat?

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Is it all done yet???

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you find a Leo Vince decat?

Off Moto.gb website , they had a black friday coupon code with 10% off from 319 GBP, also a VAT refund of 42.10 GBP , with tracked shipping from UK paid $594.00 Canadian delivered to my door , should be here Dec 1 ,to buy 1 GBP costs $2.05 - $2.08 [ with bank conversion fees ]Canadian , best price on EBAY.ca was $640 + $24 shipping + tax , so a decent saving . Canada's dollar is extremely low right now , down 25% from 4 years ago .

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Damascus , I have saved your advice and will follow them when I install the Tuneboy goodies in the spring , after I've installed the LV decat.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it all done yet???
Now you KNOW as a fellow canuck I cannot install these , first until I recieve them and second when it gets warmer , probably late March or early April .

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Following TE's directions, the mid pipe install is fairly straight forward. The only hassle I had was banging that 20 pound catalytic boat anchor off the bike. Mine was really stuck on there. I may have posted a photo of how I did it using a metal rod in the end. (Shade tree mechanic or what?! :)) Well, sounds like this is a ways off for you, but get in touch if you need help in the spring.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do thanks .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Off Moto.gb website , they had a black friday coupon code with 10% off from 319 GBP, also a VAT refund of 42.10 GBP , with tracked shipping from UK paid $594.00 Canadian delivered to my door , should be here Dec 1 ,to buy 1 GBP costs $2.05 - $2.08 [ with bank conversion fees ]Canadian , best price on EBAY.ca was $640 + $24 shipping + tax , so a decent saving . Canada's dollar is extremely low right now , down 25% from 4 years ago .
I found one on this Italian website. EM LINEAMOTO | Arrow 71601MI

$455 us with $52 shipping. I'm nervous because I know I'll have to fix air fuel after & I don't want to have my warranty voided with tuneboy or PCV.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good job , $507 US is about $680ish Canadian shipped I was either going to buy Arrow or Leo Vince , I'm keeping the stock mufflers so I went with LV ,which along with Arrow , also has a good reputation with forum members .

I have an SAL superior independent extended warranty on my 2011 , good till January 30, 2018 , haven,t used it yet [ knock on wood ] but definately will use it when they finally get a proper fuel sensor, version D may be the one , although my original still works pretty good.

I am not worried about warranty being voided with Tuneboy , like you say you need something to adjust air/fuel to avoid overly lean/rich mixture which could cause damage . What setup are you leaning towards to use to adjust A/F Ace?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm keeping the stock mufflers so I went with LV, which along with Arrow ...
I know this is ways off, but you may want to have an aftermarket slip-on in the back of your mind too. The stock muffler is no "muffler" at all, but rather a straight pipe and really loud on the LV mid-pipe. I tried it, but couldn't take the noise and I feared the noise police pulling me over. I went with a LV slip-on that has a removable baffle. Much better.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've read reports it's loud with stock , I always wear decent earplugs , do most of my riding outside of the city , but yeah if I need to get a slip-on there is always Christmas next year , nice thing with the LV any slip-on that would fit stock pipe will fit .I thought of the baffle that you can buy with the LV decat for about a $110 Canadian but heard it was a horsepower robber .Will try everything out and go from there .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts