Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An eBay seller named superbikeclub is offering complete, painted fairing kits for $400 with free shipping. Has anyone tried the stuff from this seller? I’m setting up my 748 as a track bike, and am thinking I should take off the OEM fairings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
An 848 owner and member of the ducati.org forum recently purchased a set of Chinese fairings and shared his story in a post. I'm not sure who manufactured the kit. I wanted to replace the fairings on my bike and was reluctant to purchase a set that were manufactured in China. Instead, I ran across a set that I liked from Norac Racing Parts in Italy. I mistakenly thought that I stood a better than average chance of receiving a decent set of fairings from them. When the product arrived and I reviewed the tracking information I discovered that they had originated in China... they got me. It hasn't been a pleasant experience and I'm still trying to sort through it now. I'll share the whole story once I've received a couple of replacement pieces. Maybe you'll have a better experience.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Tracking your Duck? Increases the probability of scraping the bodywork. Painted, ready to mount - eh, good paint jobs cost real money, but track bikes don't need that. Get some good sliders on your frame. And if the $400 paint job is less impressive than you imagined, put some sponsor stickers on it.

And after a vigorous track day, find more sponsor stickers to cover the scrapes,... put the OEM away

·
Registered
444 Posts
An eBay seller named superbikeclub is offering complete, painted fairing kits for $400 with free shipping. Has anyone tried the stuff from this seller? I’m setting up my 748 as a track bike, and am thinking I should take off the OEM fairings.
“Has anyone tried the stuff from this seller?” H

There’s nothing special or different about the products that this seller has listed on eBay ,, it’s exactly the same as every other seller who has painted kits for Ducati’s.
My experience wasn’t that pleasurable, the kit was smalleryy than the OEM in every dimension & the colour (red) wasn’t right.
The nose/headlight fairing split while trying to mount it ,, holes were either in the wrong place (just) or weren’t drilled at all.
My genuine OEM “R” seat pad was actually to big for the tail fairing .
There are some members that have had good luck with these kits & then there are others who have not.......

It’s basically a lucky dip & you’ll just have to try it for yourself

But with some work & a bit of patience you can make anything fit

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ignore the turntable, you can see both sides of the fitted Chinese fairing ,, the nose is OEM because the Chinese rubbish split as it was too small to fit over the fairing stays

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
My chinese fairings did pretty darn well, only had to enlarge one hole. It's an inexpensive change of graphics for a fraction of the cost.....

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I ordered some Chinese fairings for my RC51 many years ago. Fit was very mediocre but they worked fine for a track bike, and they got repaired a couple of times too after a crash. Better those than OEM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can someone provide links to a vendor who sells high quality OE fit fairings? The choices are mind boggling. Looking for a full set, someone may have recent experience with.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can someone provide links to a vendor who sells high quality OE fit fairings? The choices are mind boggling. Looking for a full set, someone may have recent experience with.
Good luck my friend,
“High Quality” is a pipe dream
These sellers are a dime a dozen ,, as soon as they get bad feedback & their % rating goes down they disappear.
Then they start a new account/trading name & start selling again.

As I’ve previously stated on numerous occasions, it’s a lucky dip & eventually you can make anything fit.

My personal experience with these Chinese painted fairing kits was upsetting, frustrating & demoralising ,,
The kit I received was literally smaller in every dimension ,, the nose didn’t fit at all , the sides were under tension constantly because the left side pressed hard against the water pump & the right side was hard against the battery , it was a genuine struggle to get the sides over the tabs so that the dzus bolts could be inserted , the tail was so small that my OEM “R” seat pad sat SO high that the staples attaching the seat cover were clearly visible when standing at the rear of the bike,,,,,

, & yet others such as Davey J have been happy with what he received.

I personally would never buy another painted kit again ,, instead I bought a raw unpainted ABS kit which is almost identical in size , thickness & weight to the OEM fairings.
The tail cowl has all the appropriate mounting points for the tail light & locating/locking pin ,, unlike the painted set which had none of these. It was also a single piece unit ,, unlike the painted unit which was 4 pieces glued together. ( pillion seat cover & recessed air vents glued to tail cowl )
The front mudguard/fender was a single piece ,, unlike the painted unit which was 3 pieces glued together. ( top & 2 sides )
The same goes for the mid section fairing, a single piece item ,, the painted unit was 2 pieces glued together. ( air duct glued to mid section )

Lucky dip

Raw kit

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can you provide the vendor for the raw unpainted ABS bodywork you have shown?
As I stated previously, these sellers come & go like the wind. I can’t remember who I bought the kit from , but it really makes little difference ,, they are all selling the same kit.
The only advice I can give you is to find a seller who has a rating over 99% & go from there.
fasterracer has a 100% rating & are selling a complete mono kit for about $260 US

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/273131200907

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
View the following YouTube segment if you're considering purchasing aftermarket fairings for your bike. The seller is located in Italy but tracking information showed that the fairings shipped directly from China. This segment will remove one potential candidate from your list... guaranteed.

Breaking It Down, The Ducati 1199 Panigale (Modifications-Part 8)
Topic: Aftermarket Fairings-Installation and Review

·
Registered
444 Posts
View the following YouTube segment if you're considering purchasing aftermarket fairings for your bike. The seller is located in Italy but tracking information showed that the fairings shipped directly from China. This segment will remove one potential candidate from your list... guaranteed.

Breaking It Down, The Ducati 1199 Panigale (Modifications-Part 8)
Topic: Aftermarket Fairings-Installation and Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBFGe3UyYis
Had a wry smirk on my face from the very start of the video, new exactly where it was heading.
I asked all the same questions & got all the same guarantees,,,,,
As you said , if you send it back , the postage will bite ya.

It really doesn’t matter where you buy these cheap kits from ,, I’ve seen them advertised not only out of China , but also out of Europe & Australia. In the end, if you have a close look , you’ll realise that they’re all the same cheap Chinese kits regardless of where they’re advertised .
Believe me , I truly feel for you ,,,,, it leaves a nasty aftertaste, doesn’t it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts