Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the monster chin spoilers work for the SSs?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Works fine, did have to bob it just a bit in the rear on the brake side. Good idea to mount it fully before paint, don't just hold it up close and say "yeah baby".. I hated cutting on my new paint..

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
I believe "bob"bing it would fall under "mod" it a bit!

;)

I knew it was close, but not bolt right up.

Was it the brake lever that interfered?
I can't remember what was back there....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all parts and pieces would be fully test fit prior to being sent off for paint.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rainman said:
Was it the brake lever that interfered?
I can't remember what was back there....
It was the very front of the mounting flange/bolt for the brake master cylinder, I had to trim about 1/2" off. It was kind of "pointy" back there...Someday I will go back and round the corners a bit and make it look a little better, but so far no one has noticed...probably do it next winter when I do a complete strip down to paint the frame red.

hopefully a picture will show...

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Now that looks freaking SHARP!

Very nice indeed, Maypo.

JDuc, if you do this, you will HAVE to come out to the Goose for show-and-tell!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking to do the chin spoiler and the mini-fairing that I'm buying off of another guy on the forum.

Now I need to find someone selling a chain spoiler...hehe

That and the rear mono-tail that I want...lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've never been a big fan of the "Terbie" bikes, but that looks nice. Amazing what a little bit of plastic can do. I've been considering as of lately to take the plunge on an FI Supersport as I'm tired of F**king with my carbs. Now, do they make a half fairing for the 1000DS, or are ALL the FI Supersport's bodywork interchangable? I love naked Supersports.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would imagine they are all pretty much interchangeable since the frames didn't change....at least they didn't to the best of my knowledge

any mini/half fairing should fit

someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

·
Registered
62 Posts
JDuc is correct to the best of my knowledge.. I have first hand experience with trading the lowers off a '05 800 (full fairing) and my '00 900 (halfie).. we didnt have any problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jules3 said:
I've never been a big fan of the "Terbie" bikes, but that looks nice. Amazing what a little bit of plastic can do. I've been considering as of lately to take the plunge on an FI Supersport as I'm tired of F**king with my carbs. Now, do they make a half fairing for the 1000DS, or are ALL the FI Supersport's bodywork interchangable? I love naked Supersports.
Try some FCR41's on your Supersport. Night and day difference compared to stock. CA Cycleworks sells 'em all dialed in: really is just bolt on. I did it to my 95 SS and now I enjoy riding it as much if not more than my 06 Sport 1000 (1000DS) :D . More cost effective than buying a FI. Plus the old supersports have a classic look unmatched by the PT bikes (IMO) ;) .

bill

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks Bill, but I never said I was going to get rid of the CR ;) (the FCR's ARE on the short list). Just want another bike for a daily rider and keep the "Modern Classic" for sunny sundays. Somehow, even with all the bikes I've been through, I don't think I'd be happy with a non-duc. I know the 2V motors well enough to be comfortable with two of them.
Thanks to the other responses. I may just take the plunge after all. See you on the dark side.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts