Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made it up to Chico yesterday to check out things. When I went inside there was nothing Ducati to be seen. when I asked, they told me they had dropped Ducati a few months ago. "they didn't pay thier way on the showroom floor"
might have something to do with thier attitude toward customers. when I had asked sometime back about the upcoming GT1000 I was told that they needed a 500 dollar non-refundable deposit to get on the list. I wonder what would have happened to my money if I had given it to them.
Or maybe it is just too hard to pay for a Ducati with student loans!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
jbcaddy said:
might have something to do with thier attitude toward customers. when I had asked sometime back about the upcoming GT1000 I was told that they needed a 500 dollar non-refundable deposit to get on the list. I wonder what would have happened to my money if I had given it to them.
Or maybe it is just too hard to pay for a Ducati with student loans!
Requiring a $500 deposit on a not-yet-released model is pretty standard stuff. You probably would still have gotten the bike, or they would've transferred your preorder to another dealer. Don't be so quick to sell them short....I have no opinion either way, having never dealt with Chico, but sometimes people seem pretty quick to assume the worst about a dealership.

Too bad they gave up Ducs, but I can understand the business rationale. Hopefully demand for the marque will rise over the next couple of years as Ducati implements its new long-range strategic plan and revamps its model line-up.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I don't imagine they got a lot of business that far north...just a guess though. We bought Mistis bike new from there and the best service you could ask for. I would have went back had they not sold out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts