Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to be in Vir. Tenn. N.C. area last month. I was traveling down I77 and decided to stop where it meets I81, took a ride up 52N just west of and parralell to I77, Great road. Hooked up to 19N, around Princton, I think, another enjoyable road up to the Flat Rock area at least. :rolleyes:Anybody bored on the Interstate could jump on these[north or south] and liven up their day for a little while.:sleep:
Next I went down to Waynesville, NC and waited out the rain on Monday. Tuesday I overslept,:sleep: till about 10:30, still misty in the upper elevations though, so it worked out. O n the road about 11:30 and headed over to 215s to the Blue Ridge Prkwy. 215 is a pretty nice ride, the pavement is not pristine, but good, the trip is GREAT.:p
Blue Ridge Prkwy, great pavement, weekday so not much traffic. I made a somewhat fast ride, but didn't push it. I don't have all the delux riding gear, and I'm 58, I don't get passed much but it doesn't bother me if I do. And I don't like tickets, although, I do collect some.:( I usually ride alone, because I don't like to wait for someone else ,much, and I don't want to have to push it if someone wants to go faster. :eek:
Anyway, made it to the Great smokey Mtn. Nat. Prk., scenery and colors were great so far. Curves were fantastic. South to 28 and over to 143, west to robbinsville, nice enough road.
On to the Cherohala Skyway, I did Deals Gap in May in the rain, so I wanted this ride today. Went east to west and then thought about Deals Gap, I decided to go back west to east on the Cherohala. :DGood choice, it's great both directions. Definitely went as FAST as I wanted, maybe a little more than I should in a few spots. Wore the front tire completely out.:eek: Just put on a new set of Dunlop Q2's, now if I had them, WOW. They seem NICE :)so far.
Didn't bother with Deals Gap, already had about 2240 miles of curves for the day, about 300 total, and it would be dark by time I was done the mist was already rolling back in. I went back to Waynesville, loaded up the bike and headed southeast towards Daytona.
I don't stop much, so I don't get to many photos, so I take while riding occasionally if I am needing a break.
This year I have gotten to ride in Ca. south of Tumecula, the Glade Rd. area. Really great. Around the Sonoma area over to the coast[Hwy. 1, the Russian River, Santa Rosa east over the hills. Great stuff again. Salt Lake city area, up to the ski areas, 8900' elevation in April. Fun stuff, alittle cool but nice riding. Colo. Basalt Frying Pan River rd., Aspen[saw a bear on the side of the road] Independence Pass, Monarch Pass Blue river rd[I think] up towards Marble[?] I may be getting some of my trips mixed up. A couple other back roads west of Basalt. Great time on the bike. Black Hills, don't miss it if you get a chance to ride in the Black hills area, go exploring, really good time here. Missouri, 91 west of St. Louis through wine country, yes wine country! Adirondaks in upstate New York and west Vermont, lots of great riding here also. New Hampshire, around Keene, six covered bridges in one day. Some really nice roads. North central PA., the Pine River gourge or gap[whatever] 414 I think pretty nice stuff, south of there watch the right hand of the road[Amish area] Good riding. As above Vir. Tenn. NC. Great fun.
So far 5000 mi. on the 900, and 8000+ on the ST. And I don't get to ride it every day or weekend, just put on the miles when I can.

Attachments

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
I am jealous, I wanted to get up to the mountains this fall, thanks for the post.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
+1 on the jealous. Sounds like your having some fun, very nice photos of one of the prettiest ares in the country.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Not only am I jealous of your ride but I love your bike. I was just laughing at your comment about not worrying about dragging anything in another thread. I know the high pipe would make bags difficult but it would be nice to have the capacity when touring. I think it's cool that you can do it on the bare essentials :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not only am I jealous of your ride but I love your bike. I was just laughing at your comment about not worrying about dragging anything in another thread. I know the high pipe would make bags difficult but it would be nice to have the capacity when touring. I think it's cool that you can do it on the bare essentials :)
I have a bag I can put over the back of the seat, when needed, and the tank bag expands pretty good. I can rest on it when it's full going down the hiway.:sleep:
But, I really don't have to do it all on the bare essentials. This photo will explain that part.:D I have a trailer that I have to haul also. I built the bike to compliment the truck, better photo somewhere else, can't find it. It works out pretty well. Good Job.:D

Attachments

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I have a bag I can put over the back of the seat, when needed, and the tank bag expands pretty good. I can rest on it when it's full going down the hiway.:sleep:
But, I really don't have to do it all on the bare essentials. This photo will explain that part.:D I have a trailer that I have to haul also. I built the bike to compliment the truck, better photo somewhere else, can't find it. It works out pretty well. Good Job.:D
Ok, that's cheating :) It also explains the graphics on the tank. Nice setup!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts