Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything different in performance between say a 260$ speedymoto pressure plate and a generic billet aluminum one for say 100$ with springs and caps included off ebay?

cause lets face it i'm buying it to look cool under a clutch cover spinning a million miles an hour, so if it's not a performance difference i may just go generic.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Honestly no, I doubt you would notice any difference in performance between the fanciest one going and the OEM unit even.

The clutch cover maybe is a different story - others here have told me that some cheapy ones may not provide adequate protection from crash damage.

Make sure the plate you get comes with a throwout bearing installed.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
There is actually no performance difference between the SpeedyMoto piece of art, and the stocker that comes on the bike. If you don't really care what it looks like why not just have your stocker painted or ceramic coated or something. Cheaper than the ebay one and at least you could be original with it. I don't think that the stocker looks all that bad design wise. The metal just isn't all that attractive by itself. I've seen a few here that painted theirs black and it looked good.:think:

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Powdercoating the stock plate in semi-gloss black (or any colour) would cost like $15. That is a great idea. With the fancy polished stainless springs and keepers it would look very nice indeed under an open cover.

·
Registered
73 Posts
On my last Duc, I had the pressure plate powdercoated yellow (same colour as the bike) with chrome springs, stainless bolts and black caps, looked brilliant under my tecmoto cover.
Don't scrimp on the springs though, poor quality ones will lose their effectiveness pretty quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts