Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i am still a ways off with checking the belts, only have 1200mi so far, but i was curious to see if anyone has checked their belts with a mac. i have a macbook and was hoping the program garage band would have some sort of frequency tuner, but was not able to figure it out. any thoughts or words of wisdom.

this whole concept of checking the belts tension with a mic is simultaneously unnerving and exciting to me. it sounds like a hassle but so Italian and primal. it runs better when it sounds better, making the ducati owner experience more unique.

love the bike, should have bought one sooner.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I never heard anything about this, but I'll ask some of my mac friends if there is an app for frequency tuning. Sounds way cool though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
hello all, i am still a ways off with checking the belts, only have 1200mi so far, but i was curious to see if anyone has checked their belts with a mac. i have a macbook and was hoping the program garage band would have some sort of frequency tuner, but was not able to figure it out. any thoughts or words of wisdom.

this whole concept of checking the belts tension with a mic is simultaneously unnerving and exciting to me. it sounds like a hassle but so Italian and primal. it runs better when it sounds better, making the ducati owner experience more unique.

love the bike, should have bought one sooner.
You can run Audacity on a Mac....

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/audacity.html

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Check this out.

http://www.katsurashareware.com/strobe/strobe.html

Really cool piece of software. Only 15 bucks, but you get a free 90 day trial. Personally I think it's well worth the money if you're a musician or for when you need to tune your belts. I found it when looking for something to do my belts. Haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure how it will work with the macbooks built in mic, but for musical instruments, it's dead on. I'll probably try using one of my mics through a preamp and then into my macbook.

I've also used that Audacity program for simple recordings. Cool piece of free software.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone find something that is proven

Hey Gang,

I was wondering if anyone has found any software for the macbook or iphone/ipod touch that they know works.

Best case scenario is that it is free and somewhat accurate. I plan on doing my belts tonight and want to compare the 5mm/6mm method vs. the harmonically tuned method.

Any software advice for the mac user?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Hey Gang,

I was wondering if anyone has found any software for the macbook or iphone/ipod touch that they know works.

Best case scenario is that it is free and somewhat accurate. I plan on doing my belts tonight and want to compare the 5mm/6mm method vs. the harmonically tuned method.

Any software advice for the mac user?
Yes, I use FFT by Studio Six on the iPhone. Works fantastic. I think it was a $20 download from the app store.

FFT | Studio Six Digital

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I think that app will work, but has anyone found any solutions that are free? I dont want to be an Ebenezer Scrooge, but are there any free apps that anybody used an got good results from?

Hollllaa.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts