Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up to now, only in pictures and videos. Took a road trip to Louisville KY today to try one on. I did not demo ride. Looks good in photos and vids, but better in person. My only concern is my feet are big (US size 13) and I meant to wear my boots but forgot to bring them and so even with my reg shoes on (more nimble than my boots) the controls felt like they were more for Size ten and below feet. I know that sounds stupid and probably is, just an impression I got. The bike felt a little smaller than I expected, but it sure felt light and nimble too. Then again yesterday I tried on a Harley Dyna Switchback which felt big and pretty damn heavy. Admittedly, I haven't ridden in forever (late 1990's) so all of this is also just unfamiliarity from having been out of the saddle so long.

There were no 2013's on the floor, but they expect a couple they have coming to arrive within a few weeks.

On another note, they had a 2012 Diavel Carbon on the floor which their shop had put a turbocharger on! No, no way for me... for me it would = death cycle.... murdercycle. I bet it runs swift.

The manager was cool, no pressure other than some subtle hints that he wanted to move the remaining two 2012 MTS's he had on the floor.

Don't slap me around too much about trying on the Harley Switchback, I was bored and not enough time yesterday for today's roadtrip and wanted to look at bikes, and was near the Harley shop so... Lot heftier than the XL1200 Sportster I used to have.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
what if I just give ya grief for the foot size? and not the bike browsing?:D yeah with 13's that may require a little foot control mod. I love looking at bikes - all bikes. Harley makes some pretty good bikes, they are just all slow, heavy cruisers, relatively- except for the V-Rod. good thing you did not test ride one, it might have gone home with you. (the Multi) made me a believer.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm sporting 12-13 also, I just adjusted the shifter position and this is something I have done with every bike I've owned dirt or street due to my flippers. I also cut down the center stand leverage arm on my S as it bumped my heel while riding.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I wear a 14 or 15 depending, I do find the footspace a bit limiting just on my demo rides but not nearly enough to concern me. I'm sure I'll figure out some ways to work with it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a 2012 with the factory center stand, I wear a size 11 and large riding boots, never had any issue with foot room at all. I've read about it here but never experienced it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to go back and try a 2013 which they said should be on the floor any week now. The improved seat is also something I want to try. I will also ask if they can install longer brake lever and shifter lever in their shop.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My dealer called me about two weeks ago and said my bike was on the way. He said first week of January by the latest. So yeah, you should see 13's showing up soon. He said once they call him with a UPS shipping number it'll be 7-10 days out. No UPS call yet...

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
The H-Ds are what I call Garbage Barges...
After a few Miles they lose their thrill factor Just LOUD SLOW AND Clumbersome,, Campared to the Multi...( I had a 2003 Electra Glide Classic Sporsters ,1983 Low Rider )

You won't miss the H-Ds at All in fact you may never fess up you owned them...:D

Time to move up !!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
The panniers will cost a few bucks to upgrade to , so subtract that from the "Savings "fron the standard price...The heated grips are handy and NICE to be able to use , they are not just for cold weather , the center stand gets used lots , but there are options to all of the extras...
You forget what you paid after a few months anyways...
Enjoy the search and get what suits you...
You will love the extra power and handling over the lesser well known brand!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts