Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stroll into a super cool motorcycle shop in Mannheim Germany today and I find this! And they have all sizes hanging on the rack in person to be fully checked out. From the initial inspection, it really seems like a top notch piece of kit. Without going into full blown details, it actually made me regret my Olympia Phantom that I actually love! This one had the full length zipper (collar to ankle) like the Aerostitch too. Not having that zipper is my number one of only a couple very minor complaints about my Olympia. This thing had it all though. Construction and materials seemed top shelf like everything else. Guess you never know how they'll hold up until you try it, but initial impressions were 110% positive. Like I said, it instantly made me want it over my Olympia.

Here's a funny observation though...I included the link for a UK site I searched for so you could see it in English, but I also included the German site of the store I found it in. Notice the prices. 249 Euro in Germany, and 249 Pounds in England. Can you guess which one is much much cheaper for the same suit??

Anyways, would love to hear if anyone knows about this suit or has any experience with it. God forbid anything happens to my Olympia cause she got me through a soaking wet nasty winter, but if it did...

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/CYCLE_SPIRIT_City-Enduro_Overall?sc=14&category=122

http://www.louis.de/_205371ce6fc379e5d89fb256f1b386b58d/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=208702

·
Administrator
12,696 Posts
German price is cheaper ;) , that sure does look like a nice suit for the money!

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
Looks like a really nice textile full suit. However, take a look at the back picture of it on the German sight. What is that butt flat supposed to be? The color of the flap is black so it stands out even more. I don't like that unfortunately. Since getting into sport touring, which means a textile jacket, I have to be honest and state I like textile much better than leather. No comparison in the comfort department and the flexibility department. In the latter you can do much more when adjusting to changing weather conditions. However, I think leather ultimately is better in protecting you against abbrasion when sliding on the pavement. Also, I have never owned a high quality suit like a Dainese, only the cheaper stuff which are much stiffer compared to Dainese. I think given the chance the Dainese leather would be as comfortable as textile since the leather is so soft and pliable. Dainese has launched a very nice line of textile jacket and pants called the System D. I checked it out at Motowheels and I was impressed. If I didn't just buy my Olympia jacket I would have bought the Dainese model instead. For the price the Olympia jacket is nice tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts