Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else have a problem with check engine light coming on but no error message listed on the control panel. 2009 monster 1100, any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you due for your 600 mile service? That trips the service light to come on.

·
Registered
312 Posts
When my 696 came time to service I got a little wrench by where the revs show. I would go to the dealer you got it from, and see what they say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally got to the dealer and it was a bad motor in the exhaust, thanks for all your help. they just replaced it and so far so good

·
Registered
19 Posts
My check engine light came on at around 1630 miles. It turned off and re-appeared at 1800 miles. The error code was EXVL (exhaust valve motor). I'll be bringing it to the dealership soon.

·
Registered
230 Posts
finally got to the dealer and it was a bad motor in the exhaust, thanks for all your help. they just replaced it and so far so good
My check engine light came on at around 1630 miles. It turned off and re-appeared at 1800 miles. The error code was EXVL (exhaust valve motor). I'll be bringing it to the dealership soon.
guess this definitively answers my question as to whether or not a full exhaust (Quat D ex box) for the M1100, which eliminates the exhaust valves, would cause a check engine light. thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
On the 1098, QD includes a plate to mimic the existance of the exh valve. With it installed, there was no CEL.

I think we have the QD ex box in stock now. Contact Matt at [email protected]. Ask him to check for you...I'll send him a note to expect your email.

-M

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is no need to fit a plate on the exhaust valve motor. You can simply disconnect the steel wire that is connected to the valve.

The exhaust valve motor will do an initial self test on startup. It rotates 180 degree and then comes back to the original position.

It must be a new exhaust valve motor that they are using on the M1100. My dealer was also surprised to hear that. But I simply tried it out and it worked fine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I tightened up the adjustment on the motor cable which caused the light to come on. For the record, the check engine light doesn't come on at 600 miles, the little wrench shows on the speedo is all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check engine light also

I have 130 miles on the clock and the check engine light has started to appear.
Interestingly, when I open the gas tank the light goes off. I am taking it in to the dealer to have them check it out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have had my CEL coming on for a bit and finally got it in. They are saying its the exhaust motor and are waiting for DNA to tell them they can replace it. I guess I am the first my local dealer has seen.

I hope they fix this soon, the weather is great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts