Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have an 05 749 dark.
after having a 1/2 termi system as well as ecu put in by the dealer, every once and a while the CEL comes on, usually on my second rides, like if i ride then stop and turn it off when i turn it on again the CEL is on that yellow light.

when the bike went in for the 6k service I told them about it and they told me they could not duplicate it:rolleyes:

what should I do just ride it and ignore the CEL? or go back to the dealer?

also it acts funny sometimes when i turn it on it does nothing so i have to turn the key off then on again then it starts - all after the termis were put on.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The light you're talking about is called the EOBD. When illuminated it shows that an error in the engine control/fuel injection system has been detected. That can mean anything from an electronic glitch or you're sitting at a stop light without the clutch fully against the bar and the bike in gear. Another time it will illuminate is if you shutdown the bike with the fans running, the next time you start it you'll find it illuminated. After the next shutdown without the fans running it will clear. No idea why but that's what happens. What this means is as long as it doesn't stay illuminated it's no problem. If it stays illuminated take it back and have it checked out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light you're talking about is called the EOBD. When illuminated it shows that an error in the engine control/fuel injection system has been detected. That can mean anything from an electronic glitch or you're sitting at a stop light without the clutch fully against the bar and the bike in gear. Another time it will illuminate is if you shutdown the bike with the fans running, the next time you start it you'll find it illuminated. After the next shutdown without the fans running it will clear. No idea why but that's what happens. What this means is as long as it doesn't stay illuminated it's no problem. If it stays illuminated take it back and have it checked out.
thank you for your reply, yes it comes on once then goes off then comes on never just stuck on 24/7

1 - 3 of 3 Posts