Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
That thing looks awesome with raw carbon fiber fairings, a silver number plate, and an unpainted aluminum tank! :eek:

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I would hope they would....they owe it to Althea, plus Althea is a factory effort anyway. Still it would be nice to see a factory Panigale effort.
I'm curious just how well the Panigale will do at the WSBK level. So far it hasn't knocked the socks off any of the publication testings.
Another issue is that the 1198R's throttle bodies are very restricted by the rules( 63.9mm to 50mm)....so I wonder what restrictions the FIM will impose on the 1199. I wonder how the 1199 and it's high revving motor will perform with such a restriction.
It is nice to see Checa testing an 1199 with his number on it, hope he gets a chance in 2013.http://www.google.com/imgres?q=carl...w=186&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:95

·
Bon Vivant
11,124 Posts
Althea racing confuses me. I heard the WSBK announcers referring to Althea racing but this year that name is nowhere on the Ducati bikes or the team uniforms - this year I see Unibat as the main sponsor...

I don't read the racing gossip rags from Europe, what gives?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I'm curious just how well the Panigale will do at the WSBK level. So far it hasn't knocked the socks off any of the publication testings.
which means nothing. every one of the ragazines proclaimed the BMW the greatest thing ever but it took them what, three years to get it's first win? moto rag 'journalists' (use that term lightly, please) 'testing' (lightly, too) has zero translation to high level professional racing. the Pani has already won in World SuperStock so I'm not worried about the basic bike. The rules which you mention, on the other hand.....

·
Registered
299 Posts
since a developmentally halted 'OLD' ike is still winning in SBK... I imagine (and hope) big things for the 1199...

Bayliss likes it alot..... and you know what he's capable of!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
which means nothing. every one of the ragazines proclaimed the BMW the greatest thing ever but it took them what, three years to get it's first win? moto rag 'journalists' (use that term lightly, please) 'testing' (lightly, too) has zero translation to high level professional racing. the Pani has already won in World SuperStock so I'm not worried about the basic bike. The rules which you mention, on the other hand.....
I definetly agree on the testing and journalists quotes. I didn't mean to say one had to do with the other although it certainly came out that way. But some of the "testers' do have some merit, even Hodgson didn't seem crazy about it....but again Ducati builds a superbike with the bones of a race bike which doesn't translate well to their road going version. Say what you want about a 1098R and 999R and how close they are to their WSBK spec brothers, the point is they are not close at all when it comes right down to it.
It's the engine restrictions IIRC that caused Ducati Corse to wait until 2013 to enter the 1199....

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts