Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the lowest cost route to get some track time?near ohio. i want to see if its something i want to invest in. im in ohio. ive looked around alittle and its pretty exspensive from what i seen.i want a chance to race around a track,so i can figure out if i think i can pursue a racing hobby. i have a motorcycle and helmet nothing else. so the cost of equipment and all is way to much ,just to find out i cant continue at it.what are my options? cheap gear? any help,info is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you have $100

This is the least expensive track day I've seen ($100:eek:), it's right on the OH/PA boarder and they are offering a free WERA license race school if you really are serious about racing. They have a track day this Friday at Beaverun, come out and have some fun with us...

http://www.apex2apex.net/index.php

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
It's quite a drive for you to any of the tracks they have their trackdays, but if you become a member of US Desmo ( www.usdesmo.com ) their sponsored trackdays are fairly reasonable. I remember a few years ago I remember some of the trackdays at CMP, Roebling Road, and Jennings running between $100 and $125, but naturally prices have gone up a little bit. This is what they have scheduled for the rest of the year...

October 10-11 at CMP: $150 for one day or $280 for both days (preregistration until 9/25)

October 31 and Nov 1 at Roebling Road: $150 for one day or $280 for both days (preregistration until 10/16)

Compared to some other trackday sponsors, US Desmo's prices aren't too shabby.....and they are usually more organized and allow less of the free-for-all attitude of some other trackdays.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
You should be able to rent equipment.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
$269 for a track day!!!!! EGADS!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I guess we really do have it that good down here. :D

I've never paid more than $150 for a track day. They average about $120-$150. We have 2-4 orgs that run track days here too...there are some months that I could run at a different track Friday-Saturday-Sunday-Monday, each weekend of the month. Maybe that's why our pricing is so much lower. We have 7 tracks all within a 5 hour driving distance from us here in the Dallas area. 4 within 3 hours.

I've paid as little as $80 @ Hallett on a Monday even. Every one of em has 6-8 20 minute sessions.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I've got 4 tracks within an hour and 1/2 drive... 3 more tracks for a 4-5 hr drive and another whole slew of tracks at the 8hr drive range.

I misspoke when I said $269 was the average track day because thats MY average track day. Most people don't go to that track because its expensive. The other tracks are just as cheap; $129 - $179 is the average. But I like to ride at AMA tracks, so I ride at the $269 one. Yea, its expensive, but you can compare times with Mladin! LOL :rolleyes:

Laguna Seca is usually $350, though you can get deals for $300.
Infinion is roughly the same as Laguna Seca
Miller is $250 I think...

The good tracks, cost money...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts