Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That’s certainly good to know. It’s a little extra incentive that diet and exercise can reduce the risk that much. I noticed they reduced fat though, not carbs. The dietician wants me to reduce carbs but not fat. Probably why I’m not losing weight.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
For those with type II diabetes - check out this book - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1780722400/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=1780722400&linkCode=as2&tag=bloodsugardiet-21

It and the recipe book that goes with it have been the most successful for my wife in losing weight - and I followed some of the basic ideas as well when I dropped 25kgs (55lbs).

This is the website for it - https://thebloodsugardiet.com/ - which has most of the info from the book. A friend of mine followed the diets - and is now off insulin from his type II diabetes.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow, that certainly sounds appealing. Thanks Steve. I’m losing weight, but not as fast as I’d like.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That wasn’t going to happen, Davy ! I guess some people never look in a mirror.
I bought the book. I like the concept, but the diet involved is too extreme for me. I don’t even know what half that stuff was, but I know I’d have to buy it at the health food store.
None of it looks appetizing to me, it looks like what you get at a trendy restaurant with a snippy waiter. I’m going to read the book, but I’ll be making food choices I can deal with on a daily basis. I think it can be done. I’m losing about a pound a week. That would bring me down 12 pounds by the time the doctor sees me again. It’s a start.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Just a FYI - but my wife is back on the Blood Sugar diet - and has lost 4kg in 2 weeks...

And I don't quite understand what you mean by extreme? I've been eating a bunch of the food my wife cooks up from the BSD recipe book, and it's damn tasty. More on the keto diet end of things - but not quite zero carbs - just a lot less. And not so much fat either.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I guess it depends what you’re normal diet is like, Steve. It might be tasty, and I’m a person who will try anything twice, but we don’t buy that stuff. My wife wouldn’t eat it, she wouldn’t prepare it. I would not even be able to talk her into a restaurant that serves food like that . She has been insistent that I follow the dieticians guidelines. She is a meat and veggies kind of cook. I’m eating nuts and berries every day. Meat and cheese and low carb tortillas instead of bread. Salads. For a treat, I get a Chocolate Rite bar, 2 carbs, 110 calories. I’m keeping carbs way below the 150 a day limit, like 40-80. I’m not losing weight but my wife swears I will if I stick with it. I will start exercising as soon as I can breathe ( sinus infection).

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update, for those thinking they want to lose weight. I’ve lost over 10# since I started to watch carbs. No watching calories. No exercise. Just keeping carbs under 100 gr / day, which I’ve found relatively easy to do. I am going to start exercising, but I haven’t yet. I went one week with no weight loss, but then lost 4# the following week. Encouraging. Only other thing I do is take Metamucil every morning. It’s supposed to help lower A1C, along with adding fiber to my diet. i eat a couple of candy bars a day, Atkins and ChocoRite. That satisfies any cravings, Carbs 2 gr. I have one Gin and Tonic a day, at night, when my body has all night to digest it. I use diet tonic and don’t notice a difference. No Carbs.
It’s really not that bad. I went to a restaurant and had steak ( no potatoes or bread) and ice cream, still stayed under 100 gr carbs for the day.
I guess my wife was right , ( Gag, Choke).

·
Administrator
11,892 Posts
I agree completely
It would be interesting to know your intentions of being a member here based on the depth of your last 4 or 5 posts...

·
Administrator
11,892 Posts
And I'd like to know your intentions regarding my daughter.

;)
Nothing but genuine good old fashioned friendship and comfort :D :devilish:

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you want to drop weight fast and detox watch the film Fat, Sick and Nearly dead.
I do a detox 2 or 3 times a year it keeps my cholesterol low the reason I did it, the
weight loss is just a side benefit.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
... I'm in the process of changing one of the meds I've been prescribed for about a year. Turns out ~weight gain~ and difficulty losing weight are a few of the side FX. There's some other really shitty issues with one particular Rx (seizures for one!). I'm hoping a return to a regimen that I was using three or so years ago will get me back to fightin' weight. I'm at 230 ... need to be at 180. Most of that came on just since Feb of this year!

Sometimes these problems go beyond changing lifestyles and eating habits. Sometimes prescribed "medicines" can create more problems than they solve. I'm "only" 59 ... this getting old trip sucks sweaty donkey balls.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts